Steering Tie Rod Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket tie rods were designed to reduce bump steer and stabilize the steering of the Ford Raptor under extreme conditions. The Heim Joint ends will reduce slack that the factory ball joints can cause, plus the links will absorb shock and take more abuse than the factory steel rods.
So that means the stock bump steer is off, and proper kits will correct that?
Again, moving the inner tie rod pivot on many trucks/cars induces bump steer which is why I'm asking...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So that means the stock bump steer is off, and proper kits will correct that?
Again, moving the inner tie rod pivot on many trucks/cars induces bump steer which is why I'm asking...

If anything it reduces bumpsteer. The steering link ends up being much closer to parallel at static height due to the misallignment spacers for the heims.

The svc kit on my truck re-uses the factory inner tie rods in order to retain the factory boot/seal ( which is a good thing), the outer threads onto the inner and uses a heim to connect to the knuckle.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If anything it reduces bumpsteer. The steering link ends up being much closer to parallel at static height due to the misallignment spacers for the heims.

So you're telling me the factory set up does have some bumpsteer?

The svc kit on my truck re-uses the factory inner tie rods in order to retain the factory boot/seal ( which is a good thing), the outer threads onto the inner and uses a heim to connect to the knuckle.

Ok...I was thinking about kits that replace the inner pivot...thanks