Steel Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXCarlisleXx

Reaction score
Not an owner of a Raptor yet but looking around here I noticed No one is running any steel wheels? Why is that? Keep weight down, not like the look.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like, steelies? Ya wanna run 14" steelies?

I think that in our environment weight sure as hell is a benefit, but steel will rust and just get all ****** while off-roading and junk.

OP
OP
X

xXCarlisleXx

Reaction score
no way...14's? ive got 16s on my truck...I guess weight would be an Issue as well as corrosion. but a nice powder coat job could take care of that...Just checkin. Anything is possible and Ive just never seen it.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Generally people run steelies because the are cheap and strong. Rock crawlers use them as they are very hard on wheels. 17" is the minimum that will clear the Raptor brakes.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Steelies are good for slow moving... but unsprung weight is not your friend at high speed...

n39601689_31644463_4110.jpg

OP
OP
X

xXCarlisleXx

Reaction score
I used to be Super Big into studying Jeep forums and hottest products...so Im still kind of stuck in "Go slow over big rocks" mode...Im just trying to learn as much as I can about this thing and asking as many questions as I can think of. Thanks guys for not flaming me...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Hey man - going slow over big rocks is the best approach with your Raptor! I got a taste of the high speed stuff last week and I just know I'll end up breaking shit if I try that on rocky terrain. Sand is much more forgiving...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to be Super Big into studying Jeep forums and hottest products...so Im still kind of stuck in "Go slow over big rocks" mode...Im just trying to learn as much as I can about this thing and asking as many questions as I can think of. Thanks guys for not flaming me...

No worries man. We don't flame people with legit questions here, the only real flaming that goes on has to do with Ironman, his JO Station, and his insatiable appetite for young Filipino boys on the webcam, but that's another story for another time. I think it's more fun playin' jokes on the veterans than attacking the new guys.

Bring it, Iron. :005:

As CineSLR stated, we avoid heavy wheels because unsprung weight is our enemy.... The aftermarket tires a lot of us are running are heavy enough due to their thick sidewalls and tread, so the wheels are a great place to cut weight in the rotational mass department.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
No worries man. We don't flame people with legit questions here, the only real flaming that goes on has to do with Ironman, his JO Station, and his insatiable appetite for young Filipino boys on the webcam, but that's another story for another time. I think it's more fun playin' jokes on the veterans than attacking the new guys.

Bring it, Iron. :005:

As CineSLR stated, we avoid heavy wheels because unsprung weight is our enemy.... The aftermarket tires a lot of us are running are heavy enough due to their thick sidewalls and tread, so the wheels are a great place to cut weight in the rotational mass department.

:flipthebird::flipthebird: Yep! That's all I got.
FOR NOW!