Steel Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xXCarlisleXx

Reaction score
No worries man. We don't flame people with legit questions here, the only real flaming that goes on has to do with Ironman, his JO Station, and his insatiable appetite for young Filipino boys on the webcam, but that's another story for another time. I think it's more fun playin' jokes on the veterans than attacking the new guys.

Bring it, Iron. :005:

As CineSLR stated, we avoid heavy wheels because unsprung weight is our enemy.... The aftermarket tires a lot of us are running are heavy enough due to their thick sidewalls and tread, so the wheels are a great place to cut weight in the rotational mass department.

Obviously the Raptor Caters to Highspeed Desert runs and the GT Grabbers are perfect for that but how are they in mud? do they Clean themselves out....I know there are post about this otherwhere but they never really touch base on the mud characteristics? obviously its not a super swamper but does it hold its own considering it was designed for hard packed dirt?

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Obviously the Raptor Caters to Highspeed Desert runs and the GT Grabbers are perfect for that but how are they in mud? do they Clean themselves out....I know there are post about this otherwhere but they never really touch base on the mud characteristics? obviously its not a super swamper but does it hold its own considering it was designed for hard packed dirt?

I don't have the Grabbers, but from the looks of them they would clean out a lot better than the stock BFG's - primarily because of their large lugs and fewer spaces to pack up with mud.

I almost had to pull out the strap in about 3" of wet clay - have a look at post 23 or 24...
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/road-trip-1940/index3.html

OP
OP
X

xXCarlisleXx

Reaction score
I don't have the Grabbers, but from the looks of them they would clean out a lot better than the stock BFG's - primarily because of their large lugs and fewer spaces to pack up with mud.

I almost had to pull out the strap in about 3" of wet clay - have a look at post 23 or 24...
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/road-trip-1940/index3.html

Man I know how that feels..you just look at it asking yourself asking..."How the hell am I even stuck?!" Thats what Im afraid of with the stockers, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the General Grabbers but would be kicking myself the first time somthing like that happened...I dont wanna buy a Mud Terrain for a truck like this but who knows...BFG KM2 is a nice buy but Ill wait and see...I still need a freaking Raptor

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Man I know how that feels..you just look at it asking yourself asking..."How the hell am I even stuck?!" Thats what Im afraid of with the stockers, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the General Grabbers but would be kicking myself the first time somthing like that happened...I dont wanna buy a Mud Terrain for a truck like this but who knows...BFG KM2 is a nice buy but Ill wait and see...I still need a freaking Raptor

Lol - well I said "almost got stuck"...

A little attitude, and hitting 5500 in 4L 3rd gear certainly cleared the tires of all clay. I had to work the wheel back and forth, but the bitch crawled out of the puddle without a problem.

OP
OP
X

xXCarlisleXx

Reaction score
Lol - well I said "almost got stuck"...

A little attitude, and hitting 5500 in 4L 3rd gear certainly cleared the tires of all clay. I had to work the wheel back and forth, but the bitch crawled out of the puddle without a problem.

Very true I forgot to include the "ALMOST" sorry about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter