start up noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i start up my truck about 2 seconds in there is a grinding noise that sounds like it might be the fan clutch engaging is this normal?

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a video of it?

no but if yours does it , you would notice it. when i do the start up from outside of the truck is when i notice it. It is a small grinding noise right before the fan kicks in. sounds like a mini missed shift from a manual gear box.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the noise. Must be your fan clutch.

My truck has electric fans and has a cold start noise. I have learned though that some noises aren't worth getting worked up about. Just get it documented by the dealer. The chevy 5.3L Vortec has a cold start knock and they run forever.

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has electric fans and has a cold start noise. I have learned though that some noises aren't worth getting worked up about. Just get it documented by the dealer. The chevy 5.3L Vortec has a cold start knock and they run forever.

yes. i do not think i will address it until the first oil change.

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine does it during a cold start after 2 secs then quickly stops. My understanding is that this is normal but it was vague on why, there's a link some where's about it.

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it during a cold start after 2 secs then quickly stops. My understanding is that this is normal but it was vague on why, there's a link some where's about it.

yes thats it does anyone have the link?