SSM 49217 for mirrors doesn't apply to Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryeabs

Reaction score
I have the occasional mirror clicking / ratcheting when the mirrors fold out that I've seen previously discussed. The dealer is telling me SSM 49217 only applies to regular F150s and not the Raptor. This is after they said Ford wouldn't do anything under warranty as I have (cosmetic) damage in my mirrors (trail rash from branches). Any experience or insight?

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine fixed by the dealer. It involved reprogramming and only cost $70. I don't know any more details.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the occasional mirror clicking / ratcheting when the mirrors fold out that I've seen previously discussed. The dealer is telling me SSM 49217 only applies to regular F150s and not the Raptor. This is after they said Ford wouldn't do anything under warranty as I have (cosmetic) damage in my mirrors (trail rash from branches). Any experience or insight?
To clarify, the SSM is unrelated to the power fold function. It addresses an issue where the mirror glass motors click at maximum travel after selecting a memory setting or using easy entry/exit.

If the dealer ran your VIN, they’d see that it applies to Raptors. They’re probably afraid to do the update because of what they believe may be “impact damage”. If you know anyone with IDS, they can do the update easily.

OP
OP
R

ryeabs

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback - it is indeed the glass motors upon entry / exit. That is when I typically hit the fold out button and in my mind they were related.

Looks like I'll be looking for a friend with IDS as the dealer was firm on the update not applying and 'Ford' not likely to approve because of the paint scratches.

I didn't fight hard as they've had the truck for ~6 weeks for a few other issues / TSBs. Luckily I was in a loaner for most of that.

Attachments

• PXL_20211007_002446570.jpg
    PXL_20211007_002446570.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 9

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree find another dealership. I took mine in and told them about the SSM and they looked it up and fixed it no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter