Squatting Dog racing to set EV coast to coast world record

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You read that correctly!

Squatting Dog Racing is teaming up with team Wheelzup to break the current coast to coast record for an EV. Which currently stands at 84.5 hours..

We will be using Team Wheelzup Tesla S and have Squatting Dog's Raptor be the support/charging vehicle.

We will be outfitting the Raptor with 26 kW Diesel DC Generator which will allow level 3 charging (30 minute charges). This will allow us to not have to worry about finding a location to charge. The Raptor will be the beast of burden and carry everything. To keep the Tesla as light as possible and as efficient as possible.

Why the Raptor?

Because it has been proven long trip vehicle (6123 miles during Bullrun). It has already been set up for long distance runs, can carry all the necessary equipment. Plus no better vehicle to pull off one of my stunts. Proving again the Raptor can do anything!

Stay tuned for another exciting adventure!

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tesla S has an advertised range of 300 miles, I believe it is closer to 260 range. Jeb will be doing some practice runs with the Tesla to get me some numbers. This way I can build the charging system around it..

This one is going to push the limits of the Raptor, the Tesla, and my electrical knowledge..

So any and every bit off help is appreciated in the wild stunt..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck brother and safe travels!!

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I ask a dumb question? With the short recharge times and the empty roads, is there any possibility you can recharge while the cars are moving?

Maybe not cooking along at 80mph, but slow down, plug in (somehow) and charge?

I know, dumb, but I had to ask.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow Greg with another awesome adventure! Nice not to have to worry about making it to the charging stations along the way. How far will a 30 min charge get you?