Spongey brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that they have really "spongey" brakes? I understand all cars are different but I almost seems like air in the lines. I have a 2012 with under 1000 miles on it.

Do you think I should go back the dealership?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2011 and 2012 and both of them lack in brake department. Lot of people swear by upgraded brake lines on FRF.. I haven't done it, it is on the list..

-Greg

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that they have really "spongey" brakes? I understand all cars are different but I almost seems like air in the lines. I have a 2012 with under 1000 miles on it.

Do you think I should go back the dealership?

Mine were fine till I used them ALOT last month at the Raotor Run. Amazing how antilock brakes work in the off road. I know I was chattering them 80% of the time. They went soft. I am headed to the dealer in the am for a look at my coolant leak at the intake neck and hose. I am having them look and bleed the brakes and make the **** poor A/C work better. Think its a fresh air / heat duct issue.

If they have time I will get the drivers heated seat fixed and the non working rear window defog and no lit switch for that along with the intermittent door switches for windows on the drivers door. Although since we BEAT THE SHIT out of our trucks last month I have not had to rap the door briskly to roll up my windows! HAhahaaaaa. I know there are a few more items on my list. Hummmmm.

BDRAG

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine have pulsating of the pedal a little ever since I had it. I just try to go easy on it when on the street. Try washing the rotors, sometimes brake dust can make them not work as well. A clean car is a happy car :)

OP
OP
menerso

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Mine work like I have to pretty much stand on them to get them to grab well. It makes sense about the aftermarket brake lines... less expansion. I hate bleeding my brakes... damnit

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine work like I have to pretty much stand on them to get them to grab well. It makes sense about the aftermarket brake lines... less expansion. I hate bleeding my brakes... damnit

Try driving a 69 Cadillac coupe deville for a week. That will make you plan braking blocks ahead. Worked for me, I am MUCH easier on my brakes now on the road. I cruise and coast to my stops. Also use manual shift mode and downshift a bit.

If you still have issues, see the stealership

dawing

Reaction score
Try doing 3-4 60-30 in the ABS stops with lots of cooling in between each session.Do not....I repeat do not come to a full stop until the brakes have completely cooled or you will leave a hot spot on the rotors.If you are doing it right you should smell a hot brake pad smell.Make sure you cool in between each stop or you will boil the brake fluid. Brake like your dog just stepped in front so make sure you secure loose objects.This is how you bed in your pads and rotors.Results if done right are immediate.

P.S. check your rear view first.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try doing 3-4 60-30 in the ABS stops with lots of cooling in between each session.Do not....I repeat do not come to a full stop until the brakes have completely cooled or you will leave a hot spot on the rotors.If you are doing it right you should smell a hot brake pad smell.Make sure you cool in between each stop or you will boil the brake fluid. Brake like your dog just stepped in front so make sure you secure loose objects.This is how you bed in your pads and rotors.Results if done right are immediate.

P.S. check your rear view first.

Thanks for the info. One question though, is this for new brakes or like mine that are spongey but have 32,000 miles on em.