Speedometer calibration question????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stefaniw

Reaction score
hey guys, i just purchased a set of 285/70/17 General arctic studded winter tires for my 2012 scew (I don’t receive it till jan/feb) these were the biggest “true winter studded tires" I could find in my area. anyway I would like the speedo to read true and odometer to read true miles (I am **** when it comes to this stuff it’s my first new truck i cant wait). I would like to avoid the 1hr labor the dealer is going to charge each time I switch tires from summer to winter. I would also like NOT to void warranty with tuner plug ins. I called hypertech and superchips and they both told me their units do NOT work on the raptors yet for speedo calibration even though their site states it will. I was wondering if there is anything out there I can use?? Or am I stuck with dealer fees forever. I have also used tire calculators and the difference in tire is about 4.8% or 5km (Canadian). just enough to affect shift points and be annoying. my dealer also mentiond that they can tell if tuners have been plugged in and made changes therefor voiding warranty ?
Thanks for the help

Banned
Reaction score
Well I'd say those are your only options. Either a tuner, or dealer.

-Sent from my iPhone