SPD Trombone + 2FG Cali legal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ This - cat back is fine and isn't emissions related. Now I'm pretty sure every state has noise laws though...

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ This - cat back is fine and isn't emissions related. Now I'm pretty sure every state has noise laws though...
And I am going to say that if Utah does (sure they do) they are not enforced at all, anymore. Geeze the shit I hear/see on the roads is mind boggling some days.

DinoNuggets

Reaction score
This is installed after the emissions equipment so it is covered by CVC 27150 and CVC 27151

27150(a): Every motor vehicle subject to registration shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and no muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device.

27151. (a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor
vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted
by the motor of the vehicle so that the vehicle is not in compliance
with the provisions of Section 27150 or exceeds the noise limits
established for the type of vehicle in Article 2.5 (commencing with
Section 27200). No person shall operate a motor vehicle with an
exhaust system so modified.

It removes the resonator, which isn't designed to decrease volume, but is designed to make the exhaust note sound smoother. So it could be legal, but arguments could be made either way.

The big thing is that it doesn't touch emissions equipment so you will pass smog.