SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also it needs to break in a bit. It was pretty raspy at WOT when I first installed it. Each time I drive it, the tone gets even better. I don't drive a whole lot so I'm trying to break it in as fast as possible.

I'm pretty sure this is louder than a Borla Atak muffler and stock resonator.

OP
OP
RussellG

RussellG

Reaction score
Also it needs to break in a bit. It was pretty raspy at WOT when I first installed it. Each time I drive it, the tone gets even better. I don't drive a whole lot so I'm trying to break it in as fast as possible.

I'm pretty sure this is louder than a Borla Atak muffler and stock resonator.
After doing a cold start yesterday morning and hearing how terrible the rasp and general sound was, I removed it. It had a drone at around 2200 RPM too. Kind of disappointed in it really since it does not sound like their videos at all.

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After doing a cold start yesterday morning and hearing how terrible the rasp and general sound was, I removed it. It had a drone at around 2200 RPM too. Kind of disappointed in it really since it does not sound like their videos at all.
Check all your connections and make sure nothing is making contact anywhere. Also these like any exhaust component need 500-1k miles to properly break in. All exhausts change tone, volume, and drone until a uniform amount of carbon builds up.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the downpipes make the biggest sound difference, pair that with removing the resonator and yeah, I could have told you it would be loudasfuck. This is designed for stock exhaust.