SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:::::UPDATE:::::
I've updated my previous post with this as well to avoid confusion.

This morning I had an epiphany....
I loosened all the claps including the connections at the downpipes. After tender moments and whispering sweet nothings to it, I was able to get all the hangers aligned and installed.
One thing that also bothered me...
Last night I went to double check all the clamps after a full heat cycle and I noticed how close the muffler was to the drive shaft. I have a balance weight on mine near the muffler and it had actually made contact with the muffler.

Attached are some updated photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5970.JPG
    IMG_5970.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5971.JPG
    IMG_5971.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5973.JPG
    IMG_5973.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5976.JPG
    IMG_5976.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5979.JPG
    IMG_5979.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
RussellG

RussellG

Reaction score
I don't know how to feel yet. I have the SPD turbo adapters and downpipes with factory muffler. Its definitely louder, I wish it either had a deeper tone or sounded like a super car. it's very close to either at this point in my opinion.
Same. I just installed today and not concrete on how i feel. It sounds better, especially low RPM, but definitely got louder. Im going to let it break in and build up some carbon before i make my mind up. Im very picky and wife may not like it.
I did test cruising speeds 60-85 and its not loud and i have no issues with that.

Install was about an hour and not too bad. I am not a mechanic but I am a generally handy person. I have previously installed my SPD turbo adapters and downpipes.

Last edited: