Spark plug evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy2675

Reaction score
20240127_195919.jpg
What's yall thoughts on this plug? Front cylinder on passenger side, lower plug. Not sure if it's oil or maybe unburnt fuel? 90k all the other plugs so far have looked good.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what mine looked like at 148xxx miles, . Lower 8 all had oil, upper 8 were all dry, but I'd be guessing if they were original or not.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what mine looked like at 148xxx miles, . Lower 8 all had oil, upper 8 were all dry, but I'd be guessing if they were original or not.
Last millenium when it wasn't airborne?

That plug really doesn't look bad, get some new plugs, gap them and put them new ones in

OP
OP
Andy2675

Andy2675

Reaction score
Well I have a bigger problem now. Was just about done, pulled the 3rd bottom plug from the drivers side and the threads were real gummed up and nasty looking. Started putting the new one in got about 2 rotations of finger tight before it stopped, figured the threads were a little clogged and put a ratchet on it, ended up cross threaded the hole about 3 threads in. Didn't force it to much, after about 3/4 turn and getting worse I stopped but it's too late, can't get a plug in no matter how hard I try. Buying a thread chaser for a spark plug tomorrow, any advice? Cause I've never ****** up spark plugs in 10 years of wrenching and I'm pissed at myself and also real worried I may have just f-ed something up big time.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have a bigger problem now. Was just about done, pulled the 3rd bottom plug from the drivers side and the threads were real gummed up and nasty looking. Started putting the new one in got about 2 rotations of finger tight before it stopped, figured the threads were a little clogged and put a ratchet on it, ended up cross threaded the hole about 3 threads in. Didn't force it to much, after about 3/4 turn and getting worse I stopped but it's too late, can't get a plug in no matter how hard I try. Buying a thread chaser for a spark plug tomorrow, any advice? Cause I've never ****** up spark plugs in 10 years of wrenching and I'm pissed at myself and also real worried I may have just f-ed something up big time.
I did that on a Pontiac motor decades ago. Still have a stray nightmare about it once and a while. lol

Hopefully it's semi-easy to get to. But, you're probably fine. Me? I'd goof up running a tap on the bench. lol

OP
OP
Andy2675

Andy2675

Reaction score
I did that on a Pontiac motor decades ago. Still have a stray nightmare about it once and a while. lol

Hopefully it's semi-easy to get to. But, you're probably fine. Me? I'd goof up running a tap on the bench. lol
Yeah thankfully, of the lower plugs it's the one that's in plain sight behind the fender liner. But I'm bout sick to my stomach thinking I've just cost myself God know how much to save the 850$ I was quoted in labor at the local shop.