Sources Say: Jeep Pickup Truck Coming for 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh baby!

6a00d83451b3c669e20133f44d445c970b-800wi.jpg

Looks a lot like a Brute with more interior space (note the small side window)! And it's based on the 4-door J/K platform (good wheelbase).

Industry sources have told us that production of the Jeep pickup is expected to start in the third quarter of 2011, with the pickup badged as a 2012 model. It’s said to be based on the four-door Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited platform but with a two-door regular cab configuration with extra space behind the front seats for storage.
Brute.jpg

Put a Hemi in that and it'll be very tempting!

More "Brute ****"

DSC_2508_d.jpg

DSC_3161_d.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping they are staying with the wheelbase of the four door JK as mentioned.

Take a look at the JK and the Jeep pickup - do they look like they have the same wheelbase? Looks to me that the pickup pictured (which is their Gladiator concept) has a longer wheelbase (too long IMO).

jeep_jk2_large.jpg

gladiator5.jpg

This conceptual pic looks like it has a longer wheelbase too (maybe it's the Gladiator concept Jeep too).

6a00d83451b3c669e20133f44d445c970b-800wi.jpg

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford better get that Bronco built or I might put one of these in the driveway.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking (and I've been saying every opportunity).

Jason, please tell our Ford guys (just in case they don't know) we need Ford to make a Jeep-killer :thumbsup:

Good to see Dodge trying to catch up. I'll be happiest when they stop depending on the US Government for $. And until they've stopped taking my money I'm not buying any Dodge products.

You know these are the same company right...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I do... Guess I need to wait for Ford to make the Jeep killer or do the unthinkable and buy from a company partially owned by the government.