Someone with 2019 check oil level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Curious if some folks with a fresh 2019 could check the oil level. I didn't check mine until I changed it at 8900 miles, it seemed to be a few quarts low for sure. I have put about 2k miles on since the oil change and shows full as a tick.

Wondering if they are shipping them from the factory with low oil.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if some folks with a fresh 2019 could check the oil level. I didn't check mine until I changed it at 8900 miles, it seemed to be a few quarts low for sure. I have put about 2k miles on since the oil change and shows full as a tick.

Wondering if they are shipping them from the factory with low oil.
Do u have a 19? i have a 18 and when i got it home from the dealer it was a quart low

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have an '18. I am wondering if there is some systemic issue of under-filling of oil from the factory. May explain why mine was low.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You waited till 8900 miles to change your oil?

With a 6 quart capacity and all the known issues I wouldn’t recommend going past 5k!

A well known let’s say gentleman that has seen a ton of these engines for repair and upgrades recommends 4-4500k mile oil change intervals. I certainly trust his advice over anyone else.

Happy with my truck that has 14k miles with 4K mile oil change and tire rotations do not burn oil and no catch can;)

However being a quart low from the dealer is really sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You waited till 8900 miles to change your oil?

With a 6 quart capacity and all the known issues I wouldn’t recommend going past 5k!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, yeah. I bought the truck new and was unaware of any "known issues". I am an idiot and wait until the idiot light tells me to make a move. Never an issue with any other new vehicle I've purchased.

Only reason I checked/changed the oil, before the idiot light told me to, I hit full throttle passing someone and it seemed to misfire or something. Now that I know the issues, I am wondering if they just come low from the factory. I will continue to check it every so often until I am sure it's not burning through oil.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
601D5972-B6D2-4DE9-83FE-55DBFED68DBC.jpeg Have a 19 coming up on 1700 miles I check the oil regularly after reading through post for the last five months. Plan on changing it at 2000 miles possibly 3000. Just not sure. I thought the oil looked good,Zero issues and runs like a top. I hope this continues. I plan on running mobile one 5W-30 with mobile one oil filter when I change in the next couple hundred miles(2000) or 3000

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 117946 Have a 19 coming up on 1700 miles I check the oil regularly after reading through post for the last five months. Plan on changing it at 2000 miles possibly 3000. Just not sure. I thought the oil looked good,Zero issues and runs like a top. I hope this continues. I plan on running mobile one 5W-30 with mobile one oil filter when I change in the next couple hundred miles(2000) or 3000

Does your wife know you used a bath towel to check your oil? :eek:

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was talking to the master tech today at the Ford dealership who I’ve gotten to know pretty well. He told me that it is normal to have a little oil burn in these eco-boost engine‘s. Of course other people will say that an engine should never use oil. He also stated that you will smell a little bit of fuel in the oil, he stated this was also normal. He is the master tech. I guess I should also say that he’s the master tech at the Toyota side, he was the master tech on the ford side but they moved him to Toyota to to head up that service department. His father is the master tech on the Ford side now LOL. For what it’s worth he says he loves this truck and plans on getting one with low miles because he doesn’t want to spend 75,000. He says it’s a great engine, great truck. For what it’s worth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter