Snow Plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hope your not thinking that a gen 2 with a weak ass v6 engine will push a snow plow. Possibly could get er done with a good ole gen 1 but definitely not the gen2.. happy new year all.. I’m just out trolling this morning..

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear they only can plow Starbucks lots.

If you need a plow, start scanning craiglist for a beater plow set up...there are much more fun ways to abuse a Raptor than strapping a plow to the front.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really hope your not thinking that a gen 2 with a weak ass v6 engine will push a snow plow. Possibly could get er done with a good ole gen 1 but definitely not the gen2.. happy new year all.. I’m just out trolling this morning..

It doesn't count when you keep telling people

Baseball0618

Reaction score
I used a snow sport HD on my old F-150 Lariat V6 to do my own driveway and it worked great. The only caveat is you have to remove the skid plate to attach the receiver hitch which I refuse to do on my Raptor. However I used it on my Raptor by attaching it to the rear receiver hitch and plowed in reverse and it's gets my driveway clear which is all I care about. This plow does not way much at all ~100lbs so it will not damage your suspension whatsoever. So for personal use it's an option that's better than a shovel. I already owned it so that's why I gave it a shot.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everyone knocks this idea of putting a plow on the raptor, but again they're assuming someone is going to do it and then go plowing for business, or neighbors and friends and such... I have absolutely no intention of doing anything other than my own driveway, which unfortunately is 800 ft. long. No, I do not want to buy a beater with a ****** used & rusted out blade on it. I've checked and people want an average of $700-$3500 for a range of vehicle/plows that all look as if it's only a matter of time before I'll have another headache to worry about - getting the engine to turn over, run, tires, steering, transmission, etc.

**** all that. I just want a simple blade I can shove some ******* snow with, with a truck I happen to already own that I know runs well, will heat up for me by remote starting, and I can be done in a matter of a couple minutes.

I love the idea of the SnowSport HD attaching to the rear hitch and plowing in reverse. Is it pretty? **** no. But I'm not going to be leaving my property with the thing. It's quick & dirty, the plow is light weight, and all I need to do is master reverse driving like "tow mater" in Pixar's Cars movie! It's lightweight enough that I can pull the pin and yank it off in seconds and drive away.

Baseball0618 - the website for the SnowSport HD says, "These front mounts require 8 to 16 inches of clearance from under receiver to level grade when installed // Vehicle's with suspension modifications (oversized tires, lift kits, etc.) could encounter improper fitment for SNOWSPORT® Utility Plow use."

I measured 18" from the ground to the middle of my rear receiver hitch port. Think this will fly?

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plowing in reverse with your truck is a BAD idea. The helical cut on the gears in the diffs are much stronger in forward than reverse. Hitting something, very common when plowing, especially fairly blind in reverse, could easily shock load something enough to break it.

If you are going to do it, buy a proper light duty for the front, if anyone makes one. This will probably run $4-5k installed. For that money I would be back to a beater plow truck, nice little tractor with a blower, or paying someone local, who is already set up, to plow it and not worry about any of the above.

I sure as heck wouldn't be caught dead plowing backwards in a Raptor...

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a pull type v plow that has wheals and pull it. Lift with electric actuators . But you have to be able to drive thru it, pulling a sled