Snow chains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Between reading this thread and the “ smog check abatement fee” in the other thread Its plane to see that CA is a complete hellhole nani state. Worst part is all you CA folks just keep taking the retarded laws and asking to be governed harder.

Edit: no offense but…

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 35s on my Jeep and my Gen 1 Raptor. When we travel around the mountain passes (often) I have one set of chains that I move back and forth between them. Never taken them out of the bag but like having them. I have also never used my survival kits I keep in the trucks/Jeep but won't travel without them. Kind of like a parachute or a EDC/concealed carry... you probably won't need one, but if you do you might never need it again. ;)

jpl291

Reaction score
If they ask to see your chains show them your third leg and tell them your going to toss it out the door and paddle with it if it gets that bad.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to get some rims sooner than later.
I'll take some pics for sure. I actually got 3 fog light from SPV, so can't wait to try them out. Picking it up from ceramic coating atm.

Thanks again for all the info on the chains!!
View attachment 383749
Did you install the lights yourself? Which order did you choose for the lights (outside, middle and instide). I have to do mine this weekend and was just curious if you had an opinion on the install of these?
Between reading this thread and the “ smog check abatement fee” in the other thread Its plane to see that CA is a complete hellhole nani state. Worst part is all you CA folks just keep taking the retarded laws and asking to be governed harder.

Most if not all of the raptor owners in CA are certainly not voting this way lol I think you are looking to post that on the EV forums.

OP
OP
Bigperm

Bigperm

Reaction score
Oh u guys are funny.
I bought the kit from spv, all the harness plug and play from John @ SPV.
Yes installed myself, was a pain cus i abosultey suck at following directions. The light kit I bought was installed from inside out looking at the front bumper(inisde) sport driving combo, (middle)sport wide cornering amber, (outside)SAE.

I think I'm going to swap out SAE with pro spot amber. The SAE just sucks IMO and in that last spot seems like spot would work better. If I had to do all over I would just get all PRO. I feel like when I would need the lights I want more but then again I didn't even use it in a dark area or those condions. I just turned it on in city and feel that way.

Brent M

Reaction score
I was in NM last week knee deep in mud on elk hunt. Didn’t get stuck but it took everything she had! I would have liked to have a set for piece of mind ( if they can actually be used ). Maybe I need some MT’s?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was born, raised, and made my career in Cali for 30 years. Used to be a great place to live. Was looking for opportunities to leave for years, and finally did it in 2020. So much better living in a free, Class 3 state. Threw down pipes on my M3 the moment I landed (no smog check here!), and ordered some suppressors. F Cali…I’ll never go back.