Snow and Gear Selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 158226 Press traction control button once, click ok then press and hold until stabilitrak is off. Auto is only for rain.... put it in 4wd and proceed to have fun drifting and such. Warning!!!! First, if you don’t have enough skill or ability disregard and fall in line with the rest of the sheep driving slow as hell with their flashers on. Second, if your a sheep do us all a favor and go trade the raptor in on something more fitting like a Prius. Third, go have fun or **** off!!!!!
:driver::flipthebird:

I hope you aren't one of those idiots that forgets you can't stop as quickly regardless of drive mode configuration. So many guys with off road trucks driving in snow and ice like nobody else is on the road then ramming into the person in front of them because they actually have no idea how to drive safely around others. Having asked that I agree that too many people with poorly equipped vehicles and zero driving skills clog up the roads and make it dangerous for everyone. If you see me "driving like a sheeple" it's because I don't trust those around me and I hate body shops....LOL

jb616

Reaction score
You guys are funny down there. Snow is something to play in. Get out of weather mode. Actually having safe traction isn't an issue with a vehicle like this. It's a matter of what mode lets you drive at a normal speed while in control.

I worked 16hrs I just wanted to get home safely lol. Had fun with all the fresh snow in our lot before I headed home.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you aren't one of those idiots that forgets you can't stop as quickly regardless of drive mode configuration. So many guys with off road trucks driving in snow and ice like nobody else is on the road then ramming into the person in front of them because they actually have no idea how to drive safely around others. Having asked that I agree that too many people with poorly equipped vehicles and zero driving skills clog up the roads and make it dangerous for everyone. If you see me "driving like a sheeple" it's because I don't trust those around me and I hate body shops....LOL
Don’t worry, I’m not the idiot crashing into people or ending up in the ditch. I am the guy who you probably cuss out because YOU think I’m going too fast. It’s all calculated risk and I have a good formula.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had about 4-6 inches here the other day. I ran the 3 miles of county road (dirt) in Baja mode because I never tried it. Lots of fun. By the time I got to the pavement most of the roads had been driven on or the plows had come through. I drove home in 4A/normal. The truck never slipped, absolutely no surprises.

Jeffz95

Reaction score
When in snow/ice conditions sure tire pressure makes a huge difference also. What do you all run ? We live on 5 miles of dirt road and still getting used to our 2017 which have had for only 6weeks.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 158226 Press traction control button once, click ok then press and hold until stabilitrak is off. Auto is only for rain.... put it in 4wd and proceed to have fun drifting and such. Warning!!!! First, if you don’t have enough skill or ability disregard and fall in line with the rest of the sheep driving slow as hell with their flashers on. Second, if your a sheep do us all a favor and go trade the raptor in on something more fitting like a Prius. Third, go have fun or **** off!!!!!
:driver::flipthebird:

i agree- tried this move as I guessed would be same as GM trucks (no idea why my ******* didn’t try previously) - word of caution - if you roll like this in snow (esp if modded) the throttle is your friend not your foe lol! When in doubt give it Gas hahahah

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t worry, I’m not the idiot crashing into people or ending up in the ditch. I am the guy who you probably cuss out because YOU think I’m going too fast. It’s all calculated risk and I have a good formula.

Or you could run studded snows & have the best of both worlds

In a previous truck (2015 GMC 6.2) some young cop gave me ration of shit for flying by a crash site in my truck, when I came back from getting coffee/breakfast sandwiches going back same way guy flagged me to stop “you flew by here way too fast not safe in these conditions” blah blah

I literally was like- guy- see the tires on this pig? Let me drive down this lil side rode & give you demonstration- I went 40 mph down this adjacent side road & slammed on brakes - the result was....per usual undramatic, truck just stopped w/ ABS kicking in the first 1/3