Hot damn, are these trucks ever fun in the snow!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are getting pounded pretty good, still snowing hard with over 20" so far. Lots more snow coming. The local K-Mart closed some months back, so there is a huge empty parking lot except for one tractor trailer. I made a nice track in their parking lot. It was untouched when I got there. I learned a lot about throwing the truck around. Got to play with the different modes. Definitely the most fun I ever had in a truck.

What a blast to be able to just drive like an animal for a while. Deep Snow mode with the diff locked seemed to work really well. Baja mode in 2 wheel drive struggled to get speed on the straights. Deep Snow with locked rear gave me good speed and you could still easily pitch it sideways in the corners. The snow is kind of in the middle of heavy/wet and light/fluffy.

I was surprised that when you throw it sideways a shit ton of snow comes across the windshield and hood. It's easy to get blinded off and on. The only downside is how much snow is now packed in/under the truck! I've had to go out to the garage twice now to push out the snow and water coming off the truck. A lot more snow coming, hopefully nobody complains to the cops on me. I'd like to do this again tomorrow. My buddy is the police chief, but I don't want to put him in a bad position.

upload_2021-2-1_20-59-40.png

upload_2021-2-1_21-0-39.png

upload_2021-2-1_21-1-1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude?! Just stop, right there. You know the rules, video, or it never happened.

Come on, man.

:D I never got a Go-Pro, and I don't have a way to mount my phone for video. Maybe tomorrow I can grab someone to go with me so they can film. I did think of it, I tried for about 30 seconds to hold my phone in my left hand to video, but there was way too much sawing at the wheel for that to work. The snow is fairly heavy, so a lot of corrections needed. What a good time though, it feels so good to really drive it hard and not have to worry about anything.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
except for the buried parking curb. done that before

:happy175: This lot is good, as long as you stay away from the handicap spots. I totaled a car when I was 25 doing a high speed J turn at about 40 and I was a little too loaded to see one of those huge concrete bottom light poles. As I snapped the car back around to the front I caught the pole with my front wheel. :facepalm: Taught me a life long lesson though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I never got a Go-Pro, and I don't have a way to mount my phone for video. Maybe tomorrow I can grab someone to go with me so they can film. I did think of it, I tried for about 30 seconds to hold my phone in my left hand to video, but there was way too much sawing at the wheel for that to work.

This coming from the guy who schooled me on keeping in the truck
ski mask, zip ties, gorilla tape, gloves, and sheet plastic

riiiiiiiiggghhhhtttt.

Duct tape that ***** to the sun visor. (you’re welcome).

Now, hurry up, the night’s still young. Have that vid. posted before I finish my Evan Williams single barrel ;-)