Sneak Peak of DSC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To depressurizing and remove you shouldn't have to remove from the vehicle. The spring will hold the arm shock and the mounts.

The oil was my question. Refilling is easy. I think it's 250 psi but I might be mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks a though you'd have to remove it from the vehicle, depressurize the system, remove and replace the entire reservoir, refill with the proper amount of oil, then pressurize with nitrogen to the proper PSI, then reinstall on vehicle.

Then there is the immediate question...... Where are they?

they definitely would have to come off because corey would need to re valve right?

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was saying that the shocks should be removed from the vehicle to keep the procedure as clean as possible. You definitely don't want any particles (large or small) in the oil. And we know how clean those fender wells can be.

I dont know if Cory is going to re-valve or not. Haven't had a chance to speak with him, but I spoke with FOX yesterday and the person on the other end said the ride would be a little firmer with the DSC installed and I assume that would apply to Cory's tune as well. When I called FOX, I was looking for the release time of the DSC's since the estimate of early January has passed. Didn't get an answer as to when the individual reservoirs would be available but he did tell me that the first full shock/DSC production would finish mid-February and most likely out to the consumers within the week after that.

Tried calling RPG yesterday with no luck. Will try again today and see whats what.

Last edited:

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried calling RPG yesterday with no luck. Will try again today and see whats what.[/QUOTE]

I have not been able to connect with Corey either, he may be burning midnight oil trying to finish the 4 link custom builds sitting in his shop. I think the new shocks have to be re valved to a very soft setting for the new setup to work. So that will be a huge time consuming issue on RPG's end. Maybe B.Stoner will weight in on this. If these new adjusters become popular then Corey will want to dial in the new system first and road test them. ( that is speculation on my part).

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have never spoke with Cory. I have always talked with Brian at RPG and I told him I was done waiting for the DSC's and to send the rear shocks (QAB) and the front coilovers without the DSC installed. So it looks as though I wont be evaluating the new DSC system after all.

I did question the DSC'c and the RPG tune possibly making the ride stiffer and Brian advised that they hadn't had a chance to evaluate them yet so he didn't know if they were going to change the valving or not.

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Sorry guys, it's been busy at the shop this week.

We still don't have a set for any of our trucks so we haven't been able to say if a revalve is necessary.

We currently offer 4 tunes for the front. Most of the shocks are set at #2. Onroad only trucks will get a #1 tune. For Dsc's we will most likely send them out on the softest setting allowing you to dial in the compression more with the adjuster.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry guys, it's been busy at the shop this week.

We still don't have a set for any of our trucks so we haven't been able to say if a revalve is necessary.

We currently offer 4 tunes for the front. Most of the shocks are set at #2. Onroad only trucks will get a #1 tune. For Dsc's we will most likely send them out on the softest setting allowing you to dial in the compression more with the adjuster.