Skyjacker FR904S... why just deaver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm browsing the internet today and I come across the Skyjacker 6 inch lift soft ride progressive rear leaf spring that fits all 2009-2011 F150's and a thought comes to mind:

If you buy this leaf spring and eliminate the lift block while paying less than half the price of deavers...then why on Earth isn't the community going crazy over these?

Am I missing something?

A +2 deaver on the factory lift block would net same height as this and without th lift block I'm doing the math at the FR904S coming in about an inch or so higher

Thoughts?

Jeff

OP
OP
A

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes and they lose height by doing it. I am hoping, like I'm sure a few are, to remove the block and go top perch with a level truck.

:)

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoa, what? You can level the truck by moving to the middle perch (or adding a spacer) and leaving the rear alone. If you pull the blocks and go top perch you're gonna have your nose stuck way up in the air.

Last edited:

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
I didn't loose any hight and mine is two inches higher in front and level.i have the ADD suspension package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm browsing the internet today and I come across the Skyjacker 6 inch lift soft ride progressive rear leaf spring that fits all 2009-2011 F150's and a thought comes to mind:

If you buy this leaf spring and eliminate the lift block while paying less than half the price of deavers...then why on Earth isn't the community going crazy over these?

Am I missing something?

A +2 deaver on the factory lift block would net same height as this and without th lift block I'm doing the math at the FR904S coming in about an inch or so higher

Thoughts?

I just tried to look at them on line and its hard to find a picture that is large enough to get a good look at them. But from what I can see, they don't look to be anywhere near the National Springs or Deaver Springs 11 leaf design. they look to be about 4-6 at most and from the small pic that I see I cant tell if the front of the SkyJacker spring has a double wrap in it for added strength like a National or Deaver.

National Springs and Deavers both use a thin leaf 11 pack design and have years of racing behind them. Personally I can only speak for National Spring as we are partners with them for the SVT Raptor application, but we went through multiple sets of springs to achieve the perfect load and progression rate for our trucks.

By the looks of the SkyJacker photo I would be a little skeptical about the performance aspect of these springs.

For the price they are

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You have a link? You are saying this will raise the rear 3"? How do you make the front level if you raise the rear 3"? Doesn't the rear sit 2" higher than the front stock? Top perch is only going to get 3" or so IIRC.

OP
OP
A

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My post kind of sucked so I'm going to clarify the height aspect of what I said:

If you leave the rear alone and go top perch the truck will be sitting high in the front by about 1-2 inches or so compared to the stock rear as I understand. Yes?

So to "level" the truck as in rear being about an inch or so higher than now so it sits equal to the top perch I am looking as the Skyjacker springs.

If we use deaver springs and remove the lift block from the rear ( mostly for axle hop ) the deavers come in about an inch or so lower than stock as I understand, this is using the +2 deaver spring.

So if the skyjacker is in there and it would lift an advertised 6 inches over stock and we eliminate the BS advertising and realize it wil not be a true 6 inches most likely 4-5 inches. We remove the lift block and "net" a 1-2 inch height gain in the rear over stock.

If the front on top perch would be the same 1-2 inches higher than stock rear height and the skyjacker spring nets us the same 1-2 inches the truck should theoritically be the same height front and rear.

If that makes sense lol, as it does in my head.

Now the second statement concerns the quality comparison between skyjacker and deaver. Beyond any doubt I am sure the deaver is better....way better I bet.

The question stands then if the $550 cost for a pair or Skyjacker springs for those of us that don't jump the trucks daily would be an okay solution compared to $1350 Deaver springs?

I am not sure and that begs the original post beginnings.

:)

Jeff

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very valid questions and your assumptions are correct with regards to the lift you would be gaining in the rear. The real question is, are you going to spend $600 on a set of springs that might start to sag after a few thousand miles or so? Then you need to consider what you are going to do about your shocks.

Like most in the past, I have seen what looks like a DEAL that’s too good to pass up and jumped at it because it looked great on paper. Then come to realize I ended spending more in the end to get the setup right when I should have just done it right the first time.

Also, aftermarket performance springs do much more than just allow you to jump your truck. The overall progression rate makes the ride night and day better over stock leafs. It doesn't matter if you are charging whoop section, launching your truck or driving down the highway, with a good set of National Springs or Deavers you will have the advantage in all the above.

Also, if you would like I can look up pricing for you on a set of Nationals that would be designed for the specific lift amount you are requesting.

Edit:
but we still need to address the shock issue of being to short

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very valid questions and your assumptions are correct with regards to the lift you would be gaining in the rear. The real question is, are you going to spend $600 on a set of springs that might start to sag after a few thousand miles or so? Then you need to consider what you are going to do about your shocks.

Like most in the past, I have seen what looks like a DEAL that’s too good to pass up and jumped at it because it looked great on paper. Then come to realize I ended spending more in the end to get the setup right when I should have just done it right the first time.

Also, aftermarket performance springs do much more than just allow you to jump your truck. The overall progression rate makes the ride night and day better over stock leafs. It doesn't matter if you are charging whoop section, launching your truck or driving down the highway, with a good set of National Springs or Deavers you will have the advantage in all the above.

Also, if you would like I can look up pricing for you on a set of Nationals that would be designed for the specific lift amount you are requesting.

Edit:
but we still need to address the shock issue of being to short

That would be great, let me do some work on the front to see how much I realize in actual height requirements k?

Jeff