Skid plate Q&A — I have questions if you have answers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree. I have a few solid scratches/gouges on my front skid and can barely see them. If it where black, Well it would look like shit.
I haven't punctured my skid or caved it in... yet lol. But it's all kinda scratched up. I replaced my front bumper, which is black, so I bed lined my skid. When I wear through it, I just respray it...easy enough.

mobob

Reaction score
I have beat up my RCI skids for about 5 years on my Gen1. I bought the full set in steel with one aluminum for the gas tank. I have hit them very hard on a number of occasions that the factory ones would have never held up against. Mine were powder coated and other than some impact spots have held up well against the rust.

I also have the RCI “almost” rock sliders which are beefy but not frame attach. They have saved my rockers a few times and were also worth the money and a reasonable compromise at the time instead of building my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quality was fine.

the coverage was not. At least on the gen 2 there were inches on either side where a rock could destroy the transmission.

I have beat up my RCI skids for about 5 years on my Gen1. I bought the full set in steel with one aluminum for the gas tank. I have hit them very hard on a number of occasions that the factory ones would have never held up against. Mine were powder coated and other than some impact spots have held up well against the rust.

I also have the RCI “almost” rock sliders which are beefy but not frame attach. They have saved my rockers a few times and were also worth the money and a reasonable compromise at the time instead of building my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk