Side mirror damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithV

Reaction score
So I cracked my driver side mirror against a pole. Chipped a piece off the cap and broke the plastic ring that goes around the glass. Everything works fine and I could easily replace those two parts. But apparently the black plastic trim part you can't buy separately even though it only has four screws that hold it in place and it would be an easy job. Apparently you have to buy the entire mirror with all the electronics, lights, motors, camera and glass for about $1,400. Ridiculous. I had my dealer look and I searched around the internet and can't find any place that sells just the separate parts. Has anybody else had to do this? Or have a driver side mirror they want to part out LOL? I I have the pieces and I'm first going to attempt gluing it back together and see how it looks. There's no F'n way I want to spend that much money for an entire new mirror when everything on it works perfectly fine and I just need a couple pieces of plastic.

20201216_211526.jpg

OP
OP
KeithV

KeithV

Reaction score
Just buy a used one off Ebay or a local junkyard and swap the parts over to yours. You may have to get the mirror cap painted but that's no big deal.
I'm trying to glue the pieces together but it's not coming out great and there's some little chunks missing. I can get a used OEM mirror for about $160 - $225 on eBay and use it for the parts I need. But I want to get OEM and not a cheap after-market one because I want to make sure the mounting points match up exactly.

King Paul II

Reaction score
So I cracked my driver side mirror against a pole. Chipped a piece off the cap and broke the plastic ring that goes around the glass. Everything works fine and I could easily replace those two parts. But apparently the black plastic trim part you can't buy separately even though it only has four screws that hold it in place and it would be an easy job. Apparently you have to buy the entire mirror with all the electronics, lights, motors, camera and glass for about $1,400. Ridiculous. I had my dealer look and I searched around the internet and can't find any place that sells just the separate parts. Has anybody else had to do this? Or have a driver side mirror they want to part out LOL? I I have the pieces and I'm first going to attempt gluing it back together and see how it looks. There's no F'n way I want to spend that much money for an entire new mirror when everything on it works perfectly fine and I just need a couple pieces of plastic.

View attachment 158352

I have a drivers side mirror that’s white and has a couple of scratches on it. Where are you located?

68651DB8-EA4A-4790-B489-C76DFEB7CC22.jpeg

6FCAE210-CC80-40E3-843E-685F4D9994F6.jpeg

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it to mine and it was covered under my glass coverage on my insurance. They gave cash and I ordered one at my local body shop. Took old off myself and took it apart cause the new one doesn't come painted. Disassembled old one for the painted cap and all done. Easy to do. Check ur insurance for ur glass coverage. I also shattered the mirror part

RustyNutz

Reaction score
I've done two f150 mirrors at work, pretty much your experience. I think they were nearly 2k after paint and install, crazy for sure

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duck tape and no one will notice.
Original color duct tape will be a perfect match. Might even splurge and get red duct tape and everything will be matchy-matchy. Perfect for a spin through Starbucks drive through.