Should I pay 15k over for a 2022 37package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gas is going to be 15k a year pretty soon, better buy a Prius instead. Oh wait, you can buy two of them for that price. Better buy it if you can afford it and don't look back. Dump 10k in cash on the table and say take it or leave it, they will know you are serious.

Andrew555

Reaction score
call around to different dealers, even those that are a bit further away. You will likely find dealers a bit more reasonable.. Common is 10k above MSRP, found mine for 8k above... 15k is more than i'd be willing to pay but to each their own... I also never paid above before this truck but I also traded my Ram in for probably 10k above what it normally would be worth so it was a wash to me... good luck... YOLO
BTW, i love my Raptor 37!!!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
does a bear shit in the woods
he does and wipes his @$$ with a rabbit.
Wait it out
Yup
You should as inflation will catch up to this. There are absolutely no reasons to think ford isn’t going to continue to raise msrp.
MSRP is separate from ADM.

You can do a lot with $15k. Or, you can give it to the sales staff at some car stealerhsip.

I’ll only charge you $1k markup for this advice.

:happy160:

charlesp461

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a very personal decision, how bad do you want it, what can you afford?

Personally I don’t think ADM’s are going away anytime soon right now, if you are good waiting a few years they will die down, but right now Kia tellurides are going for like 10k over.

I paid 10k over for my 21 37pp, I waited for a long time, finally got it a few weeks ago in February. It was totally worth it to me, I got pretty good money for my trade in, love the truck, I am not upside down on it and it fit in my budget.

I spent over a month reaching out to hundreds of dealers all over the country and couldn’t find any that actually had allocations and would do it at msrp, sure people found them and got them at msrp, but honestly it is a needle in the haystack type of thing and gets worse by the day. If you have the time and patience you can start calling places all over, just for me I eventually decided it was no longer worth my time or patiences and that I was good paying ADM.

The truck is awesome there is no doubt about that, just a matter of how much you want it, how soon you want it and what you can afford.

nin9r

Reaction score
Everyone is of course free to spend their money how they see fit. Personally, I'm good dropping $75K on a truck (non 37 PP), but have already passed on $3K ADM. With gas prices what they are turning into I'm going to dump that extra into the tank!

If you get it, I hope you enjoy it!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MSRP is separate from ADM.

I think the point is that the MSRP for a Raptor 2 years from now could very well be the same price as $15k ADM right now....so it's a wash in that regard.

However, a 2022 Raptor won't have the resale that a 2024 Raptor will have, so you clearly shouldn't buy the Raptor now

But there is the 2 years of fun your missing out of right now, so you clearly shouldn't wait 2 years to buy a Raptor.

Then you have to consider that you could be investing the money you would spend on a Raptor in something else, so you clearly shouldn't buy the Raptor now.

Of course, you do not know what things will be like two years from now, and you may not be able to get a Raptor then, so you clearly shouldn't wait.

By the same token, since you don't know what will happen, you may not want a Raptor 2 years from now, so you can't buy it now.

Then again, man is mortal, you could be dead in 2 years, and would never get to buy a Raptor, you can't wait.
1646329945076.png