Shopping a new Raptor: Rock Sliders and Off road aftermarket support?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slamson00

Reaction score
Hello . I am new to the forum and thinking about making the leap to the full size truck world and of course doing that leap into a new Raptor.

I have been driving Tacoma’s for a while now and they are amazing trucks, but I am getting more and more into high speed desert and forest driving so going to a Raptor seems like the best move for that type of off-roading. Heck the Raptor can handle all types of off-roading fast or slow.

Still, I would like to maintain the ability to do some slow rock crawling and smaller/slow trail exploring. I know the Raptor is more than capable of this but was wondering what the top options are for rock sliders in the Raptor world. Rock sliders that not only protect the rocker panels but can support the truck if a hi lift jack is applied to them. I have been doing a quick search online and haven’t seen many options. I always put rock sliders on my trucks for the added peace of mind. Just curious what most Raptor owners go with.

I am consider both the SCAB and the SCREW at this time...I actually prefer the SCAB for the shorter wheelbase. So any companies that make both would be very appreciated.

Also, in general how is the aftermarket off road world support for the Raptor platform? Driving Toyota’s for years the aftermarket support for the Tacoma is second to maybe only Jeeps....was curious what Raptor owners general thoughts are to companies support of the Raptor.

Thanks in advance for any replies or help.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done Jeep trails in the Raptor and imo it is too wide for it. The truck is made for bombing off road prerunner and style not crawling at 2 mph while you dodge all the trees on the sides of the trail. My paint was super scratched even after a couple of hours.

OP
OP
S

Slamson00

Reaction score
I've done Jeep trails in the Raptor and imo it is too wide for it. The truck is made for bombing off road prerunner and style not crawling at 2 mph while you dodge all the trees on the sides of the trail. My paint was super scratched even after a couple of hours.

Thanks for your point of view. I have to say I agree with you. Been watching a lot of reviews and videos and people taking the Raptor down tight jeep trails and it looks like a tough proposition, and your right they always complain about either severe pinstripping or in the case of a few videos I saw that ever so slightly kissed some trees and received more severe damage.

I don’t think I m quite ready to give up my Jeep trails all together. I still do enjoy doing that. MIght be better for my to keep my midsize truck and look at upgrading its suspension to be able to take on some desert terrain at speed.

Again thanks for your honest feedback I will have to keep thinking on this.

Colezone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap used jeep + raptor. Who cares if you tear up the jeep at that point, you'll have the raptor to tow it home with.

This is what I do. Tow the jeep to the trail with the raptor and beat on the jeep in those tight spaces and not the truck.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya raptor is not great for tight trails or rocks
ADD sliders only attach to rocker, not strong
KHC or forged off road make strong
sliders

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason you cannot find rock sliders for a Raptor is because not many of us would use them. As others have stated, buy a good used Jeep to tow behind your Raptor, since they are designed for this type of use.