Shake, shutter and rock and roll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headed out of town today with only the rear windows down. I have encountered wind buffet harmonics in many other vehicles but the Raptor takes it to another level! When I hit 60+ mph it was so bad the entire cab shook. Steering wheel was shaking and I though something was about to explode! When I say shook I mean visible vibrations! Holy cow bat man!

Note to self: don't do over 40 with the back windows down!

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible it was death wobble? Can't say i've tried just the rear windows down yet to confirm the buffeting.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um steering wheel shake means you're not centered and riding one of the lines.... lmao

Mines not so bad....I have rear windows open halfway with the little rear window open... no issues.

But if I'm going to drive on the highway (65-90 mph) I close them all.

But I avoid driving with windows open as I'm still enjoying that new car smell.... lol

Do those wind deflectors work?

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um steering wheel shake means you're not centered and riding one of the lines.... lmao

Mines not so bad....I have rear windows open halfway with the little rear window open... no issues.

But if I'm going to drive on the highway (65-90 mph) I close them all.

But I avoid driving with windows open as I'm still enjoying that new car smell.... lol

Do those wind deflectors work?
True, open the back window changes the situation enough to stop it. Sunroof works too. Not centered? Well how was I going to door tag that dude with a walker on the other side of the street for 10 points? :gr_grin:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Headed out of town today with only the rear windows down. I have encountered wind buffet harmonics in many other vehicles but the Raptor takes it to another level! When I hit 60+ mph it was so bad the entire cab shook. Steering wheel was shaking and I though something was about to explode! When I say shook I mean visible vibrations! Holy cow bat man!

Note to self: don't do over 40 with the back windows down!
Do you go looking for dumb things to do so that you can complain? Seems like you complain a lot about trivial stuff. This would be a good example.

perry

Reaction score
Headed out of town today with only the rear windows down. I have encountered wind buffet harmonics in many other vehicles but the Raptor takes it to another level! When I hit 60+ mph
opening the rear slider helps a bunch.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my Gen 2, if I opened the sunroof, the buffeting was terrible when traveling 40 MPH or so. Cracking open the rear sliding window would instantly solve it.