Sell for 2017?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmpizzi

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been on this forum for a while, and also have been eyeing the 2017 raptor. I currently own a 2010 molten orange raptor fully loaded except with the 5.4L. I love it and find it extremely useful for where I live. With that being said I also own a 2010 6spd camaro ss with 30k miles, but only get to drive it 5 months of the year.(Lots of snow) I'm getting older and out of the sports car stage. (I have a bike for the need for speed) I'm considering on selling both and ordering a 2017. (Love everything about it except loss of svt badge, and not positive about the TTv6). What are your thoughts of selling two vehicles to buy one? My thoughts are I wouldn't have to pay much towards a new one, but would no longer own a sports car. I'd also save on insurance, maintenance, and registration every year. Just looking for some opinions.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

10402818_10154159697440463_5849847286428063026_n.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Here's a pic.

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you said you were getting older and out of the sports car stage, I had to look over to see your age. Yeah, really getting old lol!

I'd probably sell both too if that's what you really want. I'd probably get a low mileage 2014 but then I'm not as sold on the 2017. GL!

OP
OP
dmpizzi

dmpizzi

Reaction score
Haha well when I meant old I meant out of college with a daughter of my own. I worked for everything I got and i believe the smarter financial thing to do would be to own one nice vehicle instead of two. A 2014 is appealing to me but if I were to fork out 50-60k I'd rather get gen 2. I'm just a little worrisome about all the new tech in it. I like my simple naturally aspirated engines. I like to get opinions good or bad. Also reason for not just simply selling my camaro and keeping my 2010 is I travel a fair amount and I have 114,000 miles on the 2010.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sell them both, buy the new raptor, and a cheap commuter. That way you don't have to put a ton of miles on the new truck if you drive a ton.

Theres nothing special about a camaro anyways

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold onto both until the new ones are released and you can drive one and see what guys are saying that have bought one. There will be a plethora of 2014's available as guys trade them in on the new ones. Make your decision then. Something to be said for a low mileage 6.2.....

2011SuperCrew

Reaction score
I'd wait for a test drive... My guess is that you'll either love it, or say 'meh'. I wouldn't make the call until you seen it, driven it, and actually run the numbers (it's gonna cost ~$65k - just my guess though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd sell it while you can get top dollar. That time however may have passed. The time is now.