Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing if anyone here has run into the same problem I am having with my 2018 (5k miles); my driver's seat bottom is moving laterally any time my body weight is transferred from right to left and vice versa. It happens at slow speeds when I hit a dip in my driveway with the wheels cut, or at high speeds when cornering aggressively. I did a quick search here and didn't find any results.

Over on the standard F150 forum I did discover a TSB that covers all F-150s model years 2015-2019 that seems to describe my exact problem; I am just not too happy with Ford's remedy. There is a PDF linked to the following url.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/seat...clunk-thump-noise-turns-tsb-18-2361-a-433260/

lifeline

Reaction score
When I first saw that TSB I laughed. It's a good one. Cut some heater hose and clamp it to the cross bar.....lol. Almost as bad as some of the steps in the door latch freezing TSB.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue. It isn't a big deal but it is super annoying. Ever so slightly I get it now and then. I haven't mentioned to the dealer yet, just trying to get the latches solved

OP
OP
Tin Can Rap

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment at my local dealer tomorrow morning for them to check it out; it is not the dealership I purchased the truck from, but I have had a positive relationship with this dealership's service department for 10 plus years.

I found a similar problem being reported by the folks over at the focus st forums and they were actually mounting sway bar bushings instead of the heater hose and hose clamps; it seems like a more refined approach. The bushings are like 30 bucks on amazon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tin Can Rap

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pleased to report that the TSB / backyard fix cured my seat issue. My local dealer had it fixed in approx. 40 minutes; I know the tech that performed the TSB. He stated that he had heard about it, but had yet to complete one on a customers truck. He said it was pretty straight forward and that the seat did not have to come out of the truck; the hardest part, he said, was lining up the hose claps so that they did not come in contact with the seat power module located directly under the front of our seats. Upon completion, I took the truck and slammed it into a couple of turns and can confirm that my fairly large self stayed planted in the seat cushion. You would not even know the hose clamps were there unless you read the TSB yourself (makes me feel better about it anyway).

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to see this thread as I've looked for one like it in the past and didn't find it.

My Raptor does it too. Only when I turn to the right and the driver's seat and I shift to the left. Annoying for sure

PhilZx6

Reaction score
I forgot where I saw it but I heard a few people say they had this problem and their seat frame was cracked.

encyphor

Reaction score
I started noticing this issue on my 2019 the past couple of weeks, it looks like I'll have to bring it in with this TSB.

I couldn't tell what the "feeling" was at first, but today tried moving the seat laterally and replicated the sliding/thumping feeling... and then searched and found I'm not alone.

OP
OP
Tin Can Rap

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my original issue. The TSB only resolved my issue temporarily; at my last oil change I brought it to my service manager’s attention that my seat was moving again. He refused to “rig” it again and ordered me an entire new seat base/track system to the tune of $900 in parts, covered by warranty of course.

Fox Ford Waynesburg, PA; I have been using them for my servicing/warranty needs for years and they are top notch.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I used a piece of bailing wire twisted tightly on the bar, 6-8 months ago. I forgot all about it until this post. I guess it's "fixed."