SE style beauty rings on Ford beadlock wheels

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by boarder1995, Feb 7, 2015.

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx
  1. MrClarity

MrClarity Member

Look No Further

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

[​IMG]

Jimster58 likes this.
  2. mickeyp09

mickeyp09 Member

I joined this forum after seeing this tread, unfortunately I didn’t find it until now. I bought a set of raptor wheels that had the silver beauty rings. Well I took them to a local rim shop to powder coat them like the SE beauty rings. It wasn’t cheap, and the first time I put them on, all the holes cracked or flaked off. I was told it was sandblasted and the SVT was hand painted red. This was very expensive to fail the very first time I put them on. I assume powder coating should be much stronger than this. What could have been the issue? I torqued the bolts to 47 ft lbs and went slow. Are O-rings necessary to keep this from happening?

Attached Files:

3. ogdobber

ogdobber Full Access Member

Thanks for posting, was looking for the color code but this might be a good option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Crash33

Crash33 Full Access Member

This paint matches flares almost perfectly. I have repainted my damaged flares and you would not be able to tell me which one. I painted my beauty rings with it and prefer paint over powder coating because when I damage them, I can just reshoot them.

Attached Files:

Trick_Raptor likes this.
  5. ogdobber

Thanks that is the one i just ordered on Amazon. Curious though how close its to the original 2014 SE ring because that is what im trying to match. From the pics it looks close

6. ogdobber

Well i got the rattle can and its definitely darker. Wouldn't he a problem if i wasn't trying to match the others.
    Paint code anyone??

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Did you ever get the paint code? I pmed a couple others but they are holding onto this secret

7. Caliraptor2lit

Caliraptor2lit Member

Just bought OEM beadlocks. Was planning on powder coating rings bronze. Do u guys think it'll Hold up? Anyone try taking it to a cerakoater?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Trick_Raptor likes this.
  8. Trick_Raptor

Trick_Raptor The Cracker Raptor Supporting Member

Powder coating will not hold up anymore than paint if you off-road. I had my non-SE beadlocks powder-coated factory silver and the first weekend out in some deep silt they rubbed against hard packed sand and and light scratches... the same you would see with paint.

Off-roading will find a way to scratch and ding the rings no matter what you do!

9. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

Have two sets. One set that is powdercoated to the color of your choice and another set dedicated to off-roading as like Trick stated, you will tear them up

10. Caliraptor2lit

Caliraptor2lit Member

That's freaking genius. That's what I'll do. Shiiiiihh i'll have like 3 or 4 sets!! I can change my rings like I change my socks.. lol. Do I want tactical FDE or Monster Energy Green steezy?