SE style beauty rings on Ford beadlock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaymers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did get a reply. Still contemplating buying new wheels or sending my rings in. Let me know how they turn out. It looks like he does an amazing job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the wheels. They look awesome and ride nice with the factory BFG's... but the 37" Nittos look way more awesome. I am torn... do I mount the 37's or stick with the BFG's? I am weak...
Did you decide? I'd say go with the Nitto on the beadlocks.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

jaymers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$70? He quoted me $45 each last week to look just like that. Apparently he went up $100 for the set?

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Where are you in Montana Hoverp? I'm in Billings. I'd attach a screen shot of my message from him but I don't know how.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure why the price increase other than he said the factory finish was VERY hard to remove.

I'm in Great Falls.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Prep is the most important part so I would recommend removing all old or original coatings/paint to get a good bond and smooth finnish.

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok kind of of the subject but rather then start a new thread...
New guy question,
I have the bead lock rims, the brochure says "bead lock ready" does that mean they are just for looks? Or does it help retain the tire at low PSI?

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It means that they are bead-lock capable. They aren't exactly just for looks, because the rim itself is functional, but the ring they come with is not. You have to grab the bead lock ring from ford to "convert" the rim to function as a bead lock (on the outboard bead only).