SDHQ Abu Dhabi Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys at SDHQ. I was looking at the fiberglass fenders on your webaite and came across this pictures. Is the Abu Dhabi Edition Raptor you guys custom made, is it Armored? By looking at the rear window I gues it is. zeta5yjy.jpgybuve8y7.jpg
Also the side windows looks more darker than any 3M .5 Window tint that I have on my silver Screw.
The question I would really liked to be answered is if its armored how many pounds it gained over stock, and what suspensions and cooling options you had to perform in order to keep the ride quality as well as its off-road ability.
I might armor my Raptor also in the near future.(Still debating to armor or not, "depending" want to keep the off-road ability at its best and I don't want to be dealing with misaligned doors due to the increased weight on the hinges).
Already upgraded my braking power by installing your brake lines and some EBC Sport Rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads with Motul 5.1 brake fluid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply looks a single piece rear window to me. Don't really see evidence of an armored car.

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply looks a single piece rear window to me. Don't really see evidence of an armored car.

I believe all Screws or Scabs comes with sliding rear window. Now days with all the technology put on armoring pieces that goes into modern vehicles you can't really distinguish if they are armored or not. The best place to find out if a vehicle is armored is on its windows and only a trained eye will figure this out with some doubts if it is or not, that's why I asked that at first instance.
Here are some pictures of a Lexus LX 570 that I found on Alpine armoring website. As you can see its very difficult to say its armored just by looking at it by the outside.daturebe.jpg3ybydu6e.jpgerary2a8.jpg

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe all Screws or Scabs comes with sliding rear window. Now days with all the technology put on armoring pieces that goes into modern vehicles you can't really distinguish if they are armored or not. The best place to find out if a vehicle is armored is on its windows and only a trained eye will figure this out with some doubts if it is or not, that's why I asked that at first instance.
Here are some pictures of a Lexus LX 570 that I found on Alpine armoring website. As you can see its very difficult to say its armored just by looking at it by the outside.daturebe.jpg3ybydu6e.jpgerary2a8.jpg

Right but some have chosen to put in a one piece glass aftermarket, replacing the sliding glass.

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right but some have chosen to put in a one piece glass aftermarket, replacing the sliding glass.

That's a good point, and I didn't know of people replacing their rear windows.
I think its armor because alot of people that lives in the middle east and have the ability to spend the money on armoring their vehicles to protect themselves from different threats, they order the vehicles from US companies have them built here and then ship them to their countries.
This awesome Raptor says Abu Dhabi Edition on rear fender plus the rear window with no sliding door, clicked my thinking of if it was armored or not.
Just to let you guys know almost all luxury trucks that are armored, the rear window gets replaced with a complete window to eliminate the threat of a ricochet bullet getting into the cab through the rear sliding window frame.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

By the looks of the height, it doesn't look weighed down by armor plates.

Depending on what type of armor level and materials they used they could have maintained minimum difference on ride height remember that the Fox 3.0 and I believe Icon and King as well they all have height adjustability.
Armor plating not only consist of Ballistic Steel panels. There is a wide variety of different light weight opaque armor materials you can choose from: Kevlar, dynemaa, Spectrashield, etc, etc, etc...

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you live and what do you do that would necessitate armor plating your raptor?

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you live and what do you do that would necessitate armor plating your raptor?

Not really buying off on his information. Armor requires stronger shocks/engine/brakes and performance still goes down. Just to armor the passenger section would be several hundred pounds then you gotta do the gas tank/engine/radiator - more weight.
If you do it right, it about doubles the cost of a stock Raptor.

Of course I have thought of taking old kevlar vests and putting them in the doors, not super but better than stock

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen the truck in person. Its a tank, but not armored. All of the Middle East Spec trucks have a one piece rear window.

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Honduras, I was almost kidnapped back in 05 that's why I came to the US to finish my higher education. Finally finished my University with two degrees 1. Business Administration 2. Business Management and one concentration on Marketing.
My father started a family owned business about 33 years ago and has grown since.
Even though we are not swimming on cash. Organized Crime in Honduras its really bad and they will look to kidnap vulnerable people that they think have money to pay some ransom.

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Not really buying off on his information. Armor requires stronger shocks/engine/brakes and performance still goes down. Just to armor the passenger section would be several hundred pounds then you gotta do the gas tank/engine/radiator - more weight.
If you do it right, it about doubles the cost of a stock Raptor.

Of course I have thought of taking old kevlar vests and putting them in the doors, not super but better than stock

True point, armoring requires all that. Better stronger suspension, good powerful engine, and better brakes. That's why on my first post of the thread I asked SDHQ which upgrades they needed to do to maintain tbe ride quality.
To armor the passenger section it all depends on the materials the client wants to have installed, the pieces of armoring that is very difficult to maintain light weight are the windows, for the complete cab of our trucks you are looking at around 500 Lbs. Of weight on a complete set of windows Level 5 armor. Can withstand multihit impacts of 5.56.
In the other hand with the materials that goes inside the doors for example a Sq. Ft. Of Ballistic steel can weight around 70lbs. or more depending on thickness of steel, while if one choose spectrashield that same Sq. Ft. can weight approximately 20 - 30 Lbs. More or less.
Then the fuel tank can be filled with special self healing foam that's flame resistant. Bullets can penetrate but it won't ignite nor spill. Still you can hold gas as a regular tank will do.
The engine can be protected on the sides with same material as the cab and the radiator due to heat build up concerns with angled ballistic steel frame on the front, between front grill and bumper and radiator. The most difficult to armor is the Radiator, due to the engineering that goes into it to prevent heat build up and preserve good amount of air flow; but still maintaining the bulletproof ability.