sct tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13bluesvt

Reaction score
I've been contemplating on getting the sct tuner for my truck, my only worry is warranty. Has one had any issue with this after installing the tuner?

D

Deleted member 12951

Stage 3 Motorsports and 5 Star-Tuning offer a powertrain warranty package add-on for 5yr/60k or 6yr/100k

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you uninstall the tune on your truck before it goes into the dealership, you will not have a problem. Yes, they can tell that SOMETHING was plugged into the OBD2. But, they can't tell what it was. Just tell them it was a code reader.

If they REALLY want to find out that you did in fact have a tuner installed on the truck, they can find out. But, it is a huge hassle and usually is not worth the dealership's time.

OP
OP

13bluesvt

Reaction score
Ok sweet thanks! I've never used a tuner so do have a couple questions. Would you rather get one empty and buy ccustom tunes or get a preloaded one? I would like a few different options econ,performance, different octanes type of thing.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Mike at 5 star. Or go through stage3 motorsports. Talk to LOU. I had the tuner and got 5 tunes from Mike and a CAI. Used it for 12k miles as soon as I drove my truck off the lot. Never an issue. Pretty impressed with results. Much better throttle, response, shift points, etc. Good value IMO. A lot of guys on here run 5 star tunes. I never worried about the warranty issues. Too many guys on here swear by 5 star. Great customer service. Beware! Once I got more power, I could not stop. Now I have full exhaust and a supercharger! Custom tune as well. Good luck!

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We are a vendor for both SVC and 5 Star. They both carry the SCT tunes. Both companies are great reliable companies that stand behind their work and are great to deal with. Let me know if I can help with anything. We are running some incredible deals right now!