SCT Tuner 1-2 Shift Pressure Adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone with any model SCT tuner: Do you have the option to adjust the shift pressure for the 1-2 shift?

I just purchased a SCT X4 and I have the option to adjust the shift pressure for all shifts except the 1-2 shift.

Attachments

• IMG_0667[1].jpg
    IMG_0667[1].jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 212

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious, can you actually adjust the values?
Is there a rev limilter setting?
I would be surprised if it worked for a wide band PCM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can adjust the shift pressure by a percentage value in 5% increments to increase or decrease the pressure at which the tune has it set to shift; you can't actually select a PSI value. You can do the same for the speed; increase or decrease MPH at which it would normally shift. My question is specific to the 1-2 shift pressure as it seems to be the only thing not adjustable.

For the engine RPM rev limiter, you can select an actual RPM for the rev limiter to kick in for both drive and neutral transmission positions.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanations.
As to the 1 to 2 shift, try giving Mike @ 5Star a call
I believe Ford has written a slightly different strategy code for the 1-2 shift.
To prevent people from banging into 2nd gear and destroying the tranny or ripping out the stock drive shaft.
From talking to most Tuners this is the hardest one to tweak.

Last question, will it allow you the set a higher rev limit in drive beyond 6200 rpm?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll have to check on that, but I believe the neutral limit was set to 6,000 and the drive to 6,250.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seemingly 50% of the members here have a tuner with 5 Star tunes and nobody can answer my 1-2 shift question?

Last question, will it allow you the set a higher rev limit in drive beyond 6200 rpm?

Yes, you can adjust it up to 7,000 in neutral and 7,250 in drive.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Shift Points are raised to 6400 RPM 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4…. To get WOT shift into 4th is over 104 mph.
My Rev Limiter is 7400

slowjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja, since reading your other thread regarding the 40ish mph tranny shift... are you able to raise the values a bit to get your comfort spot more in one gear rather that stuck at that 4-5-4-5-4 stuff?

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja, since reading your other thread regarding the 40ish mph tranny shift... are you able to raise the values a bit to get your comfort spot more in one gear rather that stuck at that 4-5-4-5-4 stuff?

Mine only does the wot shift speed. Also I'll check my 1-2 in the am