Scheduling begins today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a text from my dealer saying that it's "in for a production date but the date hasn't been picked". Is that how it works? Do they know which vehicles will be scheduled for production and not set a date yet?

(2023 Azure Gray Tricoat, NON 37, CF, Beadlock wheels)
This is what the dealer received from Ford after receiving the DORA and submitting the Order via COVP
1663358514995.png

I received an email from Ford shortly thereafter.

Since the original receipt, I received one additional update from Ford CRC on the evening of 9/5 advising that supply chain issues were slowing things down. I'm assuming that means my build wasn't picked up for scheduling in October.

BLADErunner

Reaction score
This is what the dealer received from Ford after receiving the DORA and submitting the Order via COVP
View attachment 371966

I received an email from Ford shortly thereafter.

Since the original receipt, I received one additional update from Ford CRC on the evening of 9/5 advising that supply chain issues were slowing things down. I'm assuming that means my build wasn't picked up for scheduling in October.
I'm assuming this means that it'll be picked up soon? My dealer said it was a "step in the right direction". I can only hope that means it'll be scheduled in the coming months.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they're going to schedule/build 2023s while 45,000 2022s sit undelivered? Brilliant!
I would assume that they have plans for the parts that are missing, but it is crazy to continue to pile up ordered vehicles. I read an article (assume the same one you read) and was surprised at the number. Reporting a decrease for q3 gives a strong sense of their current predicament. I guess shutting down orders and plants would have a more detrimental effect than 45k customers with vehicles on hold being angry.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume that they have plans for the parts that are missing, but it is crazy to continue to pile up ordered vehicles. I read an article (assume the same one you read) and was surprised at the number. Reporting a decrease for q3 gives a strong sense of their current predicament. I guess shutting down orders and plants would have a more detrimental effect than 45k customers with vehicles on hold being angry.

I guess, one would assume that the parts shortage is wide-reaching to affect that many vehicles. Therefore you'd also assume that it's going to affect all the 23s they start building. But I guess they have storage space for those too lol.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From BOF.... hopefully gives peace of mind to some unaware of this info.

These are specialy vehicles that go thru zone mgr and regional scheduler for odering and scheduling unlike non specialty vehicles.

The Ford Zone Manager advises the dealership that it will be receiving allocation for the specialty vehicle (Raptor, Shelby, etc.) and also advises the dealership of the applicable commodity restraints for the allocation to be granted. The dealership places an order, or amends an order already in the USOB), that complies with the commodity restraints. The Priority Code is not a factor at that point because this is around understanding specialty vehicle scheduling... not ordering prior with PC 10-19, etc. from dealer... to await the allocation being scheduled. The dealership provides the Ford Zone Manager with the order information (Body Code, Order Number) for the desired order that meets the commodity restraints in place. The Regional Scheduler reassigns the Priority Code at "01" and the order should be scheduled within 2-3 weeks for a future production week. Could also be a PC 2 if not all commodity restraints are met and can't be bypassed otherwise which will hold up scheduling. The VIN number and scheduled production week will be assigned when the order is scheduled and available to the Dealer via the Vehicle Visibility Report. This is a smooth flow of the process... if not smooth, then...

There are a lot of factors involved in getting orders scheduled for production including the microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, supplier issues with 37 different vendors, etc. Your vehicle specifications along with the original order date are also factors. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that provides complete information on the order history, scheduling, production and shipping status.

**** In addition, your Dealer has access to the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that provide additional information on commodity and plant constraints in effect each week that apply to orders not being selected for scheduling.****

Dealer representatives need to sometimes do a better job at understanding their resources and communicating with customers.

Sad but some dealerships don't fully understand this flow and how to value it to best communicate and instead play games or go silent and say something to feel better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter