Scheduling begins today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbylights

Reaction score
I ordered a 2021, which got bumped to a ‘22 and now a ‘23. I’m actually happy it changed because I love Avalanche Gray.
I was told by my dealer I should be getting one of the first allocations. I’m glad to hear other’s orders haven’t received build dates yet because that would mean I’m getting passed by. I changed my order from a 37pp to a 35 because according to my dealer I’m much more likely to get it.
“Good things come to those who wait” - ketchup

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a 2021, which got bumped to a ‘22 and now a ‘23. I’m actually happy it changed because I love Avalanche Gray.
I was told by my dealer I should be getting one of the first allocations. I’m glad to hear other’s orders haven’t received build dates yet because that would mean I’m getting passed by. I changed my order from a 37pp to a 35 because according to my dealer I’m much more likely to get it.
“Good things come to those who wait” - ketchup
From a 21 to a 22 and now a 23…I prolly wouldn’t bank on receiving that order either. You might want to try another dealer as well. Regarding your quote, why not wait on your original order?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My dealer still isn’t ordering 23’s yet. Don’t think he’s lying to me. I’m sure if he could, he would. Do I have the only dealer in the country that won’t order yet? It’s a pretty big dealer and they expect to get a few allocations, so I don’t know what the hold up is.

I don't get it. I ordered one in December, dealer was not confident that it would get picked up and built but was happy to place an order with a refundable deposit (which I had to negotiate the refundable part). I got an email the next day that order had been received by Ford. Then it was about 6 months later that I got the email with a build date.

My personal opinion is that they may be gaming you and placing stock orders ahead of yours hoping the pipeline opens up later on. Sounds like they are putting you at the end of the line. Did you place a deposit?

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. I ordered one in December, dealer was not confident that it would get picked up and built but was happy to place an order with a refundable deposit (which I had to negotiate the refundable part). I got an email the next day that order had been received by Ford. Then it was about 6 months later that I got the email with a build date.

My personal opinion is that they may be gaming you and placing stock orders ahead of yours hoping the pipeline opens up later on. Sounds like they are putting you at the end of the line. Did you place a deposit?
No, that’s just it, they won’t let me. He said he asked almost daily when they can order the raptors and they higher ups say not yet. It’s just the raptors tho, they are ordering regular f150s. The last time I called, although he was nice about it, I got the feeling he was getting tired of me calling. He assured me that as soon as he gets the go ahead, that he’ll call me. Even though if you are right and their placing stick orders, you’d think they would let me reserve one of those.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
No, that’s just it, they won’t let me. He said he asked almost daily when they can order the raptors and they higher ups say not yet. It’s just the raptors tho, they are ordering regular f150s. The last time I called, although he was nice about it, I got the feeling he was getting tired of me calling. He assured me that as soon as he gets the go ahead, that he’ll call me. Even though if you are right and their placing stick orders, you’d think they would let me reserve one of those.
Naw Man. They can mark up stock orders to the moon. And it's in question if many will even get built. Not much incentive to sell a precious Raptor order for MSRP. If they don't want a deposit, there is nothing to lose by looking elsewhere.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I’ll give it more time. I’m supposedly in their system number 2 in line , and they said last year they got around 15- 20 allocations, so if they even get half that this year I should be in good shape. Also their selling at msrp. Maybe like you said, their just not ordering till they have confirmation, but it looks like they should know by know.
15-20 allocations for one dealer is crazy. Most I’ve talked to are getting 1-2.

MyLord

Reaction score
Order from as many dealerships as you can. Don’t make the same mistake I did with putting all your eggs in one basket.

bobbylights

Reaction score
From a 21 to a 22 and now a 23…I prolly wouldn’t bank on receiving that order either. You might want to try another dealer as well. Regarding your quote, why not wait on your original order?
It’s the only dealer I could find willing to sell for MSRP. I guess I like having something to look forward to.
Hopefully I don’t have my line in the water with no bait on the hook.