S&B Drop-in Filter vs Full Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattSVTM3

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just purchased the S&B Drop-in filter with larger air-inlet attachment. I have not yet installed it, but am somewhat regretting not going with the full intake. Do any of you have experience with both? If so I would love your feedback as to whether the full intake is significantly better.

Thanks!

OP
OP
MattSVTM3

MattSVTM3

Reaction score

Dan Thomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys I am not an expert, But I have compared drop in to full CAI on the Mustangs I have owned. Biggest differance is with a tune. If you never tune the truck a drop filter will be pretty similar in performance. K&N has always said 7hp for their drop in.. more like 3 to 5.. most CAI say 10 to 20 really 7 to 12.. But a tune will take more advantage of the incoming cold air..

SVO 85

Reaction score
My truck came with a K&N Intake that sucked hot air from the engine bay. I put the stock air box back in with a good filter and didn’t notice any difference even with a tune.