GEN 2 RX catch can, engine light coming on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I have double and triple Checked all one way valves and lines, They 're are route the right way. I researched the net and found how to install the cans, but the engine light still comes on. I'm sure the engine light is on from the sensor thats leading from the left valve cover.

You're probably correct, UPR supplied me with a new sensor and no issues.

I wonder if you could get a hold of UPR and explain your situation and ask them if they could help you out by selling you their supplied sensor.

They are great folks and I think it's worth a try.

Yes from my research Team RX is a scam according to the original RX can developer.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there installed any double oil catch cans with the engine light coming on? I just installed the RX Performance 2nd can which they promise the engine light will not come on. WRONG! it still comes on. Called the company with no responds. Am now posting this so everyone knows not to deal with this ****** Ass company!

That damn sensor is stupid sensitive. Install should be valve cover >sensor >small can >intake tube.

I think that's the right way.
I can double check a little later. If you want some help.

OP
OP
Sheeepdog18

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, like I am not getting any help from RX themselves. I just got tired resetting the check engine light.

OP
OP
Sheeepdog18

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly how it is installed but the light still comes on when I get on the gas. I.e going on to the on ramps, over taking slow vehicles etc....

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I checked mine out.
And here are the connections so you can check yours.

Passenger valve cover > center of big can(no check valve )

Intake manifold passenger side @ throttle body >check valve >left side of big can (check valve should only let vacuum to the Can)

Intake tube @ driver turbo> check valve > right side of big can.(check valve should only let vacuum to the Can)

Driver side valve cover with stock hose> top of small can ( no check valve)

Small can side > intake by the air filter (engine sige of the filter)

Just remembered I have the black check valves
If you have the silver ones they max out at 16-18 psi.
So if you have a scorcher or boostmax could be to much for the checks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheeepdog18

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information. I will check my hook up tomorrow and get back to you. I know I do have the black check valves. Your engine light don't come on at all even when you step on the gas? Do you have the stock driver side sensor?

OP
OP
Sheeepdog18

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you mount your first and second Cans? They didn't even give my a mounting bracket for my second can!