rusting underneath

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys bought your Raptor brand new do you guys see any rusting underneath like front and back? is that normal? Im fixing to call the dealership and ask them if its normal.

Thanks,

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys bought your Raptor brand new do you guys see any rusting underneath like front and back? is that normal? Im fixing to call the dealership and ask them if its normal.

Thanks,

Had that on mine too.... I wasn't so crazy about it either... I don't know if it is/isn't normal.. But when I showed them I was told it's normal, and it's just sittin on the surface of some parts.

OP
OP
nold

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is yours in the drive shaft and also those metal close to the shocks and tires?

Thanks

OP
OP
nold

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to sand blast it. Take it on a desert run at high speed...

:) jk i rather have the rust than the bent F

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Yes, Ford thinks this is normal. For a $50k vehicle? I'm not impressed. Here is one solution if you don't mind doing it yourself http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/clear-undercoat-1622/ . Look at the pics in the first post... This is a brand new vehicle.

I saw a thread somewhere that the clear coat may damage some parts.

BajaChaser

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rust bothered me to. I cleaned the rusty parts, then shot them with Rust-Oleum underbody coating (black). It looks a lot better and seems to be holding up well, although its only been a month.