Running Parking lights during day Fix per Nosbusa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a big help. Thanks man.

Forgot to mention, pulling the panel that has the air hole in it on the side of the dash will aid you in connecting to the AUX wires and help you get another hand in there. But becareful you can do some damage to your hand.

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks daddycreswell. This was invaluable to me today. :wave:

I had a helluva time finding the upfitter leads. The were taped to another bundle on the opposite side of the footwell plus I'm getting old and can't see very well. Everything is working now though. :party36:

WVURAPTOR87

Reaction score
Could you just run to the battery for a constant 12v source instead of the switches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you just run to the battery for a constant 12v source instead of the switches?

I have not done this mod yet but plan to soon. The battery would not work because it will always be on. The switch turns off when the truck is off.

WVURAPTOR87

Reaction score
There has to be some other wire you can tap off the ignition circuit so you don't have to waste a switch

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tap the line side of the Aux switches would power on ignition...

So you are saying to run a wire from the switch but tap in to the wire that is going into the switch rather the the out one? And then attach that wire to the lights like others have done?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So you are saying to run a wire from the switch but tap in to the wire that is going into the switch rather the the out one? And then attach that wire to the lights like others have done?

Assuming you have all of your pass through wires connected together, just use a T-Tap to tap into the wire for, say, switch 4. That way when switch 4 is on, the parking lights would be on. Also, if you had any LED lights on switch 4, it will have those lights on as well.

For example, I run a set of Apollo Optics amber and white fog lights. They are tied to switch 3 (white spots) and switch 4 (amber floods). I turn off my white spots at night and at dusk/dawn because of how bright they are and always have the amber floods on. So I would run a wire from the parking light wire to the wire for switch 4. That way, my parking lights would always be on when my amber floods are on (which is 100% of the time).

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it just me, but what the difference between flipping the light switch to turn on your parking/auxilary lights and flipping Upfitter Aux 3 switch to them on?

I do think it's cool, but I'm sure I can find better use for my Aux 3 Switch...