Running Board Extension bolt on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would these work better than mud flaps or just an option for people that don't like mud flaps?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have rally armor mud flaps and the work very well. These look like they may still allow some junk to fling up as there is still a gap where the flair curves in maybe in person they cover better then the ic shows. For me these are interesting but I feel they are not a great match to the OE ruining boards. I would rather buy a new ruining borad with greater coverage but they would certainly cost a great deal more then this option.

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get in any color. This is just what I chose and it will fade a bit and I can brighten up my current steps no problem.

I think this would replace mudflaps all together. I hate flaps but would be ok with them on the back. But that does me no good. Too many rocks and too many washes. Still waiting to test functionality as far as dirt, mud, water goes. Hopefully I should get some rain here tonight and/or tomorrow. I can usually tell within 5 minutes of driving. So far in very minimal driving I have not heard any rocks come up to my door.

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some Vector flaps on mine and really didn't like the look but I also don't like opening the door and grabbing a fist full of mud or road slurry. If these just keep the crap from accumulating in the door handle I will be happy.

OP
OP
OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some Vector flaps on mine and really didn't like the look but I also don't like opening the door and grabbing a fist full of mud or road slurry. If these just keep the crap from accumulating in the door handle I will be happy.

Nothing is going to completely stop the grime from getting on the door handle. It will eliminate a lot of it, the main focus on this part it the build up of mud, ice, snow and ultimately the rock chips. First time out in my truck mudding had a lot of build up then if froze on the way home and had to climb out the back seat. It does help with the spray from tires but is not 100%.

The miss match in color is because the running boards fade out. You can always go get your running boards resprayed with UV protection to make them look new.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford should sell an option to get lifetime truck washes for the Raptor with their design "flaw" of all the spray, etc. :) lol

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave them a shot and they will not work for me. These rub bad with Method NV's and 35" tires at full crank.