Rumor: The Ford F-150 Raptor Is Getting the Mustang GT500's Supercharged V-8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thumpzilla44

Reaction score
It’s gona be a very limited version. Over $100k for sure. The Hennessy v8 is selling for $150K so yeah..
My friend live down the road from Hennessy and tried to get me to buy one instead of my 19. Thought about it but another 70k to shave a little over a sec off a 0-60 time isn’t worth it . If Ford does roll out a V8 I’ll revisit at the time and maybe buy if the upgrades are worth it.. In the end the Race to HP is useless for the avarge owner. The only people who benefit are the tuners and the people who buy these trucks in the secondary after 3 years of usuage for little or no added cost of the mods that were done. My friend had a Shelby and would never do it again.. they doesn’t hold their value. - sorry for the long reply.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend live down the road from Hennessy and tried to get me to buy one instead of my 19. Thought about it but another 70k to shave a little over a sec off a 0-60 time isn’t worth it . If Ford does roll out a V8 I’ll revisit at the time and maybe buy if the upgrades are worth it.. In the end the Race to HP is useless for the avarge owner. The only people who benefit are the tuners and the people who buy these trucks in the secondary after 3 years of usuage for little or no added cost of the mods that were done. My friend had a Shelby and would never do it again.. they doesn’t hold their value. - sorry for the long reply.

Im really happy with my 19. I did some minor upgrades but I didn’t spend more than 5k. U are absolutely right! V8 supercharged sounds awesome but another 70k.... no thank you