The Ford F-150 Raptor R Is Getting a Better Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. Even the base curb weight of a Raptor exceeds the maximum GVWR of the TR9070 by over 500lbs. Never mind payload or towing.

It’s an incredible transmission, but it’s not a truck transmission. The 10R has the ability to shift as fast as a DCT (faster in some cases) which would be the most likely candidate for the R.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MEH, there is a lot of speculation in that story. I highly doubt the GT500 transmission is up to the task of moving a vehicle that weighs almost 2x as much without major upgrades. also the part where is says "an electronic locking rear diff MAY be an option" seriously they act like that would be some special one of a kind option. you can get an e-locker in pretty much every ford truck can't you?

also " it could ride on optional forged 17" wheels wrapped in 37 " tires" again a statement that leads me to believe that the writer barely knows how to spell Raptor

MrClean

Reaction score
Colors for 2023. That’s all I got. Someone who I assume works at Ford had them on his computer screen while at Starbucks I grabbed them while he got up a few times. God bless the Samsung camera zoom lol.

View attachment 358608
To me, Azure Gray looks a lot like Brittany Blue from the GT500 Heritage Edition. Same color, different name?