Rumor: The Ford F-150 Raptor Is Getting the Mustang GT500's Supercharged V-8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
The TRX is confirmed which is likely the way I'll go. The Ford dealers are going to gouge the hell out of people.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The C & D article is just a rumor and no more reliable than anyone else. Until Ford confirms anything, all are pure speculation.

Are you serious?

Car and Driver: "Multiple sources within Ford are telling us that the company is building a Raptor with the Mustang GT500's 5.2-liter supercharged V-8"

Car Buzz (whose website is a complete rip off of C&D's): "According to Car and Driver..."

I repeat. Are you serious?

:specialed:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TRX is confirmed which is likely the way I'll go. The Ford dealers are going to gouge the hell out of people.

Personally, I don't care how cool that center stack is, it's still a Dodge and Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep (now Fiat or whoever else bought that ************* company most recently) engineering/manufacturing has always been sub par. Always.

And you will definitely be in the minority, by the way...
Raptor v TRX poll.png

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you serious?

Car and Driver: "Multiple sources within Ford are telling us that the company is building a Raptor with the Mustang GT500's 5.2-liter supercharged V-8"

Car Buzz (whose website is a complete rip off of C&D's): "According to Car and Driver..."

I repeat. Are you serious?

:specialed:
I'm indeed serious. "Multiple sources" is as good as someone thinks they heard something but may not have a clue about. Unfounded rumors get started in the workplace all the time. I worked for the same company for 37 years. I know how that stuff goes. These rumors have been going on for several years and haven't happened yet. Until Ford makes an official announcement, C & D can speculate all they want. That's all it is.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care how cool that center stack is, it's still a Dodge and Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep (now Fiat or whoever else bought that ************* company most recently) engineering/manufacturing has always been sub par. Always.

And you will definitely be in the minority, by the way...

For me it has nothing to do w/ the screen, I think it's a bit overkill. The interiors of the Gen V 1500's are really nice however. I like the exteriors as well, especially compared to the run of the mill F150's. Using the new Ram 1500 to build the TRX off of, and using the Hellcat engine, 8 spd transmission King shocks, 35's+ etc is going to be a badass truck. And my '12 Ram 1500 was a great truck, I had no complaints with it. My Raptor has been good too, so no loyalty bias here.

I'm too old to be a fanboy. None of the manufacturers give two ***** about their customers. They solely make products to extract dollars out of your wallet.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A little something for the bigger is always better crowd to enjoy.

full

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm indeed serious. "Multiple sources" is as good as someone thinks they heard something but may not have a clue about. Unfounded rumors get started in the workplace all the time. I worked for the same company for 37 years. I know how that stuff goes. These rumors have been going on for several years and haven't happened yet. Until Ford makes an official announcement, C & D can speculate all they want. That's all it is.

So, because you worked with a bunch of drama queens, Car & Driver, a long standing highly reputable publication, is lying about speaking to Ford?

I don't think that is logical.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, because you worked with a bunch of drama queens, Car & Driver, a long standing highly reputable publication, is lying about speaking to Ford?

I don't think that is logical.

If it was confirmed by Ford, C&D wouldn't have labeled it "rumor". They probably got the information straight from a Ford intern's roommate's ex-girlfriend's Instagram account. You can take that one straight to the bank.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted in this forum since I bought my Plain Jane work truck. I had a feeling there would be thread on this topic near the top of the list of threads. Not sayin it won't happen, but I would be surprised.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it was confirmed by Ford, C&D wouldn't have labeled it "rumor". They probably got the information straight from a Ford intern's roommate's ex-girlfriend's Instagram account. You can take that one straight to the bank.

Though you are an equally (un)reliable source as "Car Buzz", I will not be taking any of your whimsical speculation to the bank. Thank you.