RST16 or RST18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got the bug to upgrade my rear suspension and having trouble deciding what i want to do. Currently I'm on Deaver SD+2 and stock shocks and 35s. I"m looking for that floaty endless travel feeling on the road (if possible) and still be able to handle the rough logging and fire roads we have up here in Wa. I'd love to just do a full 3 link but cost is a bit high and i probably wouldn't use it to its full potential and i still need my bed to do truck things. So my thought was to do the RST 18 since it seems to give the most travel without intruding too much into the bed and the cost is reasonable. Then i started looking at the RST16 as its a bit cheaper but adds a bit more install work since you have to remove the bed. If i did my math correct the RST16 is about 2500 less than the 18 unless i need different springs but even then its a bit cheaper. I like the RST18 since i can space out the work a little too. I can do bump stops first, then springs and then the rack where the 16 basically needs to be done all at once. If you have either of these kits, what are your thoughts? is it worth it?