GEN 2 Roush vs. Hennessey VelociRaptor 600 vs. Shelby Baja Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nbd13

Reaction score
Sarasota Ford. They build whatever you want. Their custom vehicle shop is called 707 Performance. Look them up. Got mine from them.

dc6a4878f8dede9557eb0a95769626cd.jpg

I’m in Michigan. Does that matter? Did you do anything performance wise or just exterior stuff?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in Michigan. Does that matter? Did you do anything performance wise or just exterior stuff?

Thanks

I live in New Orleans, LA & bought 2 vehicles from them. They shipped to me. I got a a new ‘19 F450 Platinum in December & just got the ‘18 Raptor with 10k miles on it from them. The Raptor has $20k or so in suspension (ADD UCAs, LCAs, Knuckles, Spindles, Tie Rod Kit, Bump Stop Kit, plus deaver leafs & Fox 3.0 Factory Series), it has an ADD intercooler & BOV, custom 1 off fifteen52 20” rims ($2k a rim), retrax pro, color match linex, ADD front bumper, rear bumper, side steps. Paint to match parts, rigid lighting... That’s most of the stuff it has. The F450 has a BDS lift, American Force Rims, paint to match parts, etc.

They can do whatever you want. The Raptor was a SEMA shoe truck & had a hideous aftermarket grille & decals on it... I asked them to swap to a stock grille & take the decals off & we struck a deal.

Here’s a pic of the truck as it sat on the lot... the previous pic I posted is after they took the decals off & put the stock grille off. Also, here’s my F450 I got from them as well. Both built by them & shipped to me. I can hook you up with my salesman if you’d like. Check them out on instagram or facebook for their builds.

023c10a2b1ae8854581c9f3cf07ba3a6.jpg230ccea80cc606e185b124d621e3e84a.jpg

01Moch1

Reaction score
Probably not what you're looking for but a dealer near me has a couple modified Raptors they have been sitting on for a long time.

https://www.canbyford.com/inventory/rocky-ridge-trucks/

Admittedly, I'm not really sure what's been done to these trucks other then some sort of lift, wheels, tires, paint matched fender flares and bumpers and badges. Considering how long the dealer has been sitting on the trucks and the fact that they already have them marked down close to the standard trucks MSRP, it may be a better value to get something a little different than your "everyday Raptor" You know, if you even like the trucks...

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In the market for a 2019-2020 white raptor. Was looking at the above vehicles. New to the raptor world.

What is everyone’s thoughts on these? Worth the price? Like the 600 HP the VelociRaptor puts out and the looks.

Anyone own one of these?

Thanks

Cant speak for Hennessy or Roush...but I love my SHELBY...best and fastest vehicle I've ever owned....As far as the BAJA Shelby..I looked at them and thought they were way overpriced with alot of options I didnt want...Ones on lots are loaded up for the big $$...
Do you need the different bumpers,chase rack,etc..etc...or just looking for HP...?
Mine was done at Shelby in Vegas...and if you check their site you will see you can start low ( $20K ) for the basic package and go all the way up to like $60K,last I looked....For me,the $20K package was well worth it...but not another $40K+ for stuff I wont use....
I'm not up on all the new pricing for a 2019,but from what I've seen is buy a Shelby Baja off the lot for $120K....or buy a Stock Raptor for what? $65K? and add the $20K package and you have one fast ass Raptor for around $85K...
Guess its what you like,and how deep your pockets are....

fordnewbie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In the market for a 2019-2020 white raptor. Was looking at the above vehicles. New to the raptor world.

What is everyone’s thoughts on these? Worth the price? Like the 600 HP the VelociRaptor puts out and the looks.

Anyone own one of these?

Thanks

I have been following Hennessy since I owned a 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT...you wouldn't catch me buying anything from that guy.

I am a big fan of Shelby, but, beides the boost to 525 HP, you're getting a lot of things (tires, lift, lights) that you're never going to use unless you're doing some serious off-roading. (You'd better be doing A LOT of off-roading for $40,000.)

If you want to be different and don't want to spend an arm and a leg, I would go with the Roush.

Also, you said you're in Michigan. For a little +/- 5 hour drive, you can come down to Western Pennsylvania. There's a company here that makes a Rocky Ridge Edition of a lot of trucks and they do a Raptor. They're pretty nice and not outrageously overpriced.

Check this out

https://www.washingtonford.com/new/...a0e0adf2b2a07e699677d7c.htm?searchDepth=2:112

OP
OP
N

nbd13

Reaction score
I live in New Orleans, LA & bought 2 vehicles from them. They shipped to me. I got a a new ‘19 F450 Platinum in December & just got the ‘18 Raptor with 10k miles on it from them. The Raptor has $20k or so in suspension (ADD UCAs, LCAs, Knuckles, Spindles, Tie Rod Kit, Bump Stop Kit, plus deaver leafs & Fox 3.0 Factory Series), it has an ADD intercooler & BOV, custom 1 off fifteen52 20” rims ($2k a rim), retrax pro, color match linex, ADD front bumper, rear bumper, side steps. Paint to match parts, rigid lighting... That’s most of the stuff it has. The F450 has a BDS lift, American Force Rims, paint to match parts, etc.

They can do whatever you want. The Raptor was a SEMA shoe truck & had a hideous aftermarket grille & decals on it... I asked them to swap to a stock grille & take the decals off & we struck a deal.

Here’s a pic of the truck as it sat on the lot... the previous pic I posted is after they took the decals off & put the stock grille off. Also, here’s my F450 I got from them as well. Both built by them & shipped to me. I can hook you up with my salesman if you’d like. Check them out on instagram or facebook for their builds.

023c10a2b1ae8854581c9f3cf07ba3a6.jpg230ccea80cc606e185b124d621e3e84a.jpg

How much did they charge you to Deliver it? Really like their work! Did they do anything to your engine? More HP?

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did they charge you to Deliver it? Really like their work! Did they do anything to your engine? More HP?

I got the F450 for $101k. It’s a fully loaded platinum, so sticker stock is $85k. The BDS lift & American Force rims is a good $10k+, so they really don’t up charge their work much like other dealers.

The Raptor had 10k miles on it & was an ‘18. I got it for $74k with them also buying a new stock grille & putting it on in place of the royalty core grille & taking the SEMA decals off it. It has $20k of suspension alone, plus another idk.. $10k or so of aesthetics (bumpers, steps, lights, retrax pro, paint to match).. $8k of rims & tires. I think it was a helluva deal since similar fully loaded ‘18 Raptors with similar mileage go for mid $60’s stock.

Stock performance mods other than the ADD intercooler & BOV. I plan on adding the AFE CAI, AMS intake tubes, SPD turbo adapters, etc. to it. I don’t know if there’s a tune on it yet, as I heard you had to tune trucks that get intercoolers that removes the shutters (which it has). I intend to get a tune too though. Also got in writing that they will honor the factory powertrain warranty with the IC, if I have any issue with my local Ford dealers.

They do a lot of Whipple packages on Raptors if you look at their instagram page. I spoke with them about custom building me a Raptor, so they can literally do ANYTHING you want & go through Ford credit or whoever for the entire purchase. This was too good of a deal to pass up & the truck is in immaculate condition. The truck had most of what I intended to do to a Raptor, just have to do a few other things to get it exactly how I want it.

Edit: How much for delivery.. [emoji849] I only saw how much. lol. Delivery was only like $750ish to me.. it may be more for you since you’re further away.

Last edited: