Roush cat back fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any problems with the fitment of the Roush cat-back? Mainly the tailpipe/tips? I just installed mine and the tailpipe angles down about where the Y pipe for the tips connects. This makes the tips hang below the bumper more than I like and then the tips arent straight. (Ive shoved the exhaust up as high as that back hanger that you bolt on the rear spring support would let me.) And one tip is straight and the other kind of points off to the right. I've messed with them trying to get everything to line up and I just cant get it. WIth all this, I also had a problem with the mid pipe after I cut it to length. Cut it and went to slide it in the muffler and the pipe diameter was just big enough it wouldnt fit in the flare of the muffler. I took the other end I cut off and it slid right in the flare, WTF! Ended up having to have a muffler shop run the mid pipe through a straightener and then it fit just fine. I just get a junk kit or what?

Last edited:

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Roush catback installed and my Y-pipe does point down slightly. I don't like that it does that either. I guess they did it like that to make sure its not touching the bumper. But both of the pipes are straight on mine. Didn't have any other fitment issues like you're describing..... And I haven't heard of anyone else with those issues either, so yeah you may have gotten a bad kit.
Don't know what the customer service is like but give them a call see if they'll send you a new Y-pipe

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mine installed using the existing bend over the axle so it would exit the side.

Attachments

• SideExit.jpg
    SideExit.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 126

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a few fitment issues with mine similar to what you have described. The rubber part of the hanger that attaches to the rear spring mount tore out so I purchased a better hanger from an exhaust shop and welded the new one on and pushed it up further. Before the tips were about 3 inches from the bumper and now they are only an inch. I believe the ****** hanger the Roush supplies with the kit may be your problem. You can get a better one from just about any muffler shop for about $25. Hope this helps.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG1151.jpg
    IMG1151.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG1152.jpg
    IMG1152.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a few fitment issues with mine similar to what you have described. The rubber part of the hanger that attaches to the rear spring mount tore out so I purchased a better hanger from an exhaust shop and welded the new one on and pushed it up further. Before the tips were about 3 inches from the bumper and now they are only an inch. I believe the ****** hanger the Roush supplies with the kit may be your problem. You can get a better one from just about any muffler shop for about $25. Hope this helps.

Rob

Thats the way I want mine to fit. Nick from Roush just contacted me today about this thread and wanted some pics. Hopefully he can shed some light on this.

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rob

Looks good!

OP
OP
T

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update...

First off I would like to thank Nick from Roush that trolls this board. He went out of his way to get ahold of me on here after he saw this thread. He got some info from me and pointed me in the right direction to get this resolved. Im currently waiting for a new "Y" pipe to show up to see if that resolves some of my issues.

Nick at Roush and Stage 3 Motorsports (where I ordered the kit from) have been very helpful and have had good customer service thus far. Id do business with them again in a heartbeat if the need arises.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great to hear about their customer service. I just installed they're cai and catback, and am overall happy. We had similar issues with the exhaust install, but nothing that we couldn't get past in a few minutes. I too agree that the y pipe makes it hard to align the tips straight. Mine are close, but i am going to play with them more as i feel the tips look like they are at a little different angles. Regardless, the exhaust sounds great and I'm happy with everything and would buy again.

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine fit great, but I do wish the tips sat closer to the bumper. Mine are a little over an inch away, wish they were tucked up 1/4" away to maximize ground clearance.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update...

First off I would like to thank Nick from Roush that trolls this board. He went out of his way to get ahold of me on here after he saw this thread. He got some info from me and pointed me in the right direction to get this resolved. Im currently waiting for a new "Y" pipe to show up to see if that resolves some of my issues.

Nick at Roush and Stage 3 Motorsports (where I ordered the kit from) have been very helpful and have had good customer service thus far. Id do business with them again in a heartbeat if the need arises.

hi there,
have you been able to install the new y pipe yet? if it helped the fitment, i may be inclined to request one also as the more i look at my tips, the more id like them to fit a little nicer...thanks!