Roof rack lighting with grill flashers

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by billj214, Feb 9, 2017.

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES
  1. billj214

billj214 Member

Project completed, feedback please.

Flashers intended for off-road only or for safety purposes.

https://youtu.be/WI7qB_Uzrzo

Also see roof rack build - LINK

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    tomahawk, justcozz and Dirkdiggler79 like this.
  2. justcozz

justcozz Full Access Member

Looks good. I went the more expensive but instant gratification option of buying my rack. I love the roof rack compared to a light tower or chase rack. Having a ton of extra transport capability is nice but it also makes a great viewing platform, break area, easy place to stow rapidly needed recovery items, etc.

I'll second having the tab for an antenna added. I already had a hole in my roof and tried to have a tab added to mine during the build but didn't get the request in to them in time. I'm going to add one later on as a more functional platform for the antenna.

3. tomahawk

tomahawk Full Access Member

those grille strobes are pretty sick, do they steady burn or just strobe? I have two lightbars in the grille that changes color from white to amber and have a few strobe patterns

4. billj214

billj214 Member

I agree on using the rack as a way to carry recovery gear, I have my Maxtrax mounted on top for easy access.

Strobes have 7 settings for flashing, I have it set right now on random but none of the settings are for staying on which is not a problem since the lights themselves are not bright enough to give any benefit, the Rigid light bar is more then enough and it's high enough where I don't really need any more lighting on the truck!

Recent Pic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    tomahawk and Zeke555 like this.