Rock/step lights that come on with open door/unlock??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to illuminate underneath the truck on the sides and rear to provide courtesy lighting. Im trying to figure out where to tap into and if I can also run on an up fitter switch.

Any help is greatly appreciated as search results didn't turn up much.

Thanks!

05.jpg

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A nice set of rock lights like this complete kit from Baja Designs would do the trick. The wiring harness would allow you hook up to an aux switch. You could also tap into the side puddle light wiring or interior lights to trigger these as well. And while compact, these little lights pack a punch! Nice and bright.

Complete kit retails for $334.95

fU8wXgl.jpg

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F150 LED’s sells a strip light kit that’s awesome. Amber color lights and they wire in on passenger side under back door rocker panel. I have them and they are awesome. Works on door unlock or opening. Check them out.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the dome light wire is a grey/violet in a 36 pin plug at the bcm. may or may not need a relay depending on how many lights you plan on adding. but if you are getting a kit, most likely will have it already

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey chris, any photos of your kit lit up?

Love my Baja design lights and bezel kits you sold me!!!

Each rock light from Baja is 400 lumens. Quite a bit of light from such a small footprint.

Will try and find some more pictures. But for now here’s a pic of one rock light integrated into a roof rack we were helping with.

BD940A64-A500-43C4-B014-53149781A2D2.jpeg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're planning to run to an upfitter switch and tap to come on automatically, you'll want to add a diode into the system. Relay will depend on your overall power draw whether or not you need to add that as well.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're planning to run to an upfitter switch and tap to come on automatically, you'll want to add a diode into the system. Relay will depend on your overall power draw whether or not you need to add that as well.

Or..... just use a relay with a diode in it.