Rock Sliders/Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, how much was install labour?
approximate weight?
are they, as they say higher and tighter than stock?

ewm98

Reaction score
nice, how much was install labour?
approximate weight?
are they, as they say higher and tighter than stock?
It was about $400 for install. Not 100% sure in the weight but I’m sure they’re more than stock since they’re chromoly. If I had to guess I’d say maybe 40lbs per side. On a truck I’m of the opinion that the amount of weight added by a modification like this doesn’t have as large an impact as it would on a sports car. They definitely sit a little bit higher than stock and are tilted in little bit. For reference in the second photo I posted my stock boards dragged big time where these didn’t even touch the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XLandrJP

Reaction score
I’m looking to go with SQHD because they weight less than the KHC sliders. I rock crawling quite a bit and have bent up my stock boards. I need protection.

have you slid these over rocks yet? How do the work?

I’m also looking at the FML skid plates and rear diff slider.

ewm98

Reaction score
I’m looking to go with SQHD because they weight less than the KHC sliders. I rock crawling quite a bit and have bent up my stock boards. I need protection.

have you slid these over rocks yet? How do the work?

I’m also looking at the FML skid plates and rear diff slider.
I have yet to actually have them hit anything yet. I’ve gone a few places where the stock boards got hung up and these never hit anything. In terms of strength though I’ve jacked the truck up and supported it multiple times using the sliders without any problems. Paired with Foutz skids and diff slider you should be good to go.