Rim ideas???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hardcore Offroad bro

cfa1d2a7-e57c-6d23.jpg

LOL

:lol:

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Method race wheels and Generals...done. Google "Rock and Roll Offroad" and give them a call. They do some bad ass Raptors.

He doesn't have to google, just click the link on the right.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run KMC Enduro beadlocks and I love them... Ive put about 4000 miles on them and none of the bolts have loosened, broken, or stripped, and I havent lost a single pound of air from any tire. They balanced great too! Perfectly smooth to 100. Only complaint would be that the ring does keep water/mud/sand in the wheel and then it runs down the sidewall when you park...

20120512_144501.jpg

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run KMC Enduro beadlocks and I love them... Ive put about 4000 miles on them and none of the bolts have loosened, broken, or stripped, and I havent lost a single pound of air from any tire. They balanced great too! Perfectly smooth to 100. Only complaint would be that the ring does keep water/mud/sand in the wheel and then it runs down the sidewall when you park...

20120512_144501.jpg

Exact same wheel setup Raptorguy21 ran on his old 5.4 except his rings were blue, he ended up having a hell of a time with them.
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just relaying what my friend experienced.
For the record, I think your wheels look waaaay sick, I hope you have better luck with them.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exact same wheel setup Raptorguy21 ran on his old 5.4 except his rings were blue, he ended up having a hell of a time with them.
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just relaying what my friend experienced.
For the record, I think your wheels look waaaay sick, I hope you have better luck with them.

Thanks! Everything else I have besides my Mach 1 has beadlocks on it... I think as long as im careful when mounting/dismounting the rings they should be ok. The ledge on the wheels to align the bead is one of the easiest I've ever used. Its too bad the bolts just thread into the wheels though, most others are either nut-serted or go through a flange and then use a nut and bolt.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess your right... My concern wasn't just airing down for rocks, the raptor break-over angle is really bad anyway. I was more concerned with wheel slip after the engine is fully mod out with cam and supercharger. Has anyone who has fully done their power train and experienced rim slip, or is it really not much of a concern? Thanks in advanced!!!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
My old truck was a cummins running 315 bfgs and 600hp 1000ft/lb. never slipped a bead and I romped the shit out of that beast.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert, my suggestion is a real beadlock wheel. That is what I just purchased from ICON – they sell the ProAm Raptor wheels. The problem people have with them leaking and breaking bolts is improper installation. Beadlock are quite a mystery and very few people install them properly. You must get the tire installed correctly to start with and it will take a few times abound the bolts to creep up on the proper torque. I would grease or Anti-seize the bolts and torque a grade 8 bolt to 18 lbs. The ProAm wheels came with a supposed Grade 9 bolt and from my experience they are too brittle – they suggested 23 lbs. on the (F911 Bolts they supplied). I torqued them to 18 lbs. Also, drive it for 50 miles and re-check the bolts.

As far as beadlock wheels there should be a few to choose from. I went with the ProAm wheels because they are a forged wheel not a cast wheel. A tad more expensive than some, but in my book, worth every penny. The ProAm wheels have a bit of an offset and really fill the wheel wells perfectly…

6207.jpg

6205.jpg

6233.jpg

BTW, we have a BIG O Tire Store that installs Beadlock Wheels for $40/wheel.

Here are some wheels we made for Ivan Stewarts Trophy Truck back in the early 90’s Check out 48 bolts…

1684-1.jpg

016-B.jpg

A tool we made to install the beadlocks and the tire inner liners.

021-B.jpg

Gary

agcsr25

Reaction score
For real beadlocks, how about RPG's new Vorsprung forged wheels that you can color/finish customize.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your looking for a nice matte black rim method does make bead lock rims but the method standards are perfect for the raptor IMO. If you ever wanna see how they look in person let me know I can stop by and show you since we both are at fort hood haha I'm sure you've seen my beast driving around I'm the only one rocking ADD bumpers on the top perch with methods it's really hard to miss the 2 giant monster stickers in the back window :waytogo:

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the rim ideas from everyone, and i have had my eye on the ones from RPG, mainly because they have a nice look, should't breach the fender wells by too much, and the matched color would always be nice, because then you can get your rig to have the look you have banging around in your head. Oh yeah Pat, i surely have seen your rig. i was wondering when i would get to run into you, and BS a bit about the trucks, and see where locally you go off-roading, i really would like to find a nice place to go out and about.

Last edited: