Rigid 20" Lightbar & Duallys - Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABNRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a single Dually D2 Diffused as a back up light. After reading this thread I'm wondering if I'll be able to find a 2 amp fuse for switch 4. Any options here? Can I just tap into the factory backup lights? It would be nice to have the D2 come on manually and when I throw it in reverse.

ABNRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will my backup/utility light work if I wire it "normally" and then just run a jumper from the power of the reverse light? I'm not much of an electrician. Is it as simple as a relay switch to avoid some sort of reverse power surge in the space time continuum?

I'm wishing I had just picked up two lights so I could throw them on an up-fitter switch!

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will my backup/utility light work if I wire it "normally" and then just run a jumper from the power of the reverse light? I'm not much of an electrician. Is it as simple as a relay switch to avoid some sort of reverse power surge in the space time continuum?

I'm wishing I had just picked up two lights so I could throw them on an up-fitter switch!

I don't see a connection between one or two lights and your up-fitter switch??

You can run one, two, or four lights on one switch. I'm running four Rigid Duallys on switch #2. If your concerned about fuse size, just add an inline fuse between the light and the fuse box.

21EF%2BeZjNbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Good decision using a diffused light for your backup light!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up a single Dually D2 Diffused as a back up light. After reading this thread I'm wondering if I'll be able to find a 2 amp fuse for switch 4. Any options here? Can I just tap into the factory backup lights? It would be nice to have the D2 come on manually and when I throw it in reverse.

Rigid recommends a 10 Amp fuse for one D2 and a 15 Amp fuse for two D2's.

ABNRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I taped into the reverse light with a single diffused D2 and it works beautifully. I wish I knew enough to put it on a switch as well as being hooked to the reverse light. Maybe I can figure it out by the time i put a new rear bumper on.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
non at all, the light is ridiculously bright! cars would come at you like moths to a flame!